+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 126 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

MRD

Re: Gas Prices

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3018491;
    That is a very sad day when it is cheaper to maintain a second residence than drive to school....

I am going to run a few errands today, I had put some of them off until I could do all of them at once, and I will check out the gas prices and post later on today. Since CA seems to be the leader in gas prices

Edited to ask - schooling for what?
    I can rent a furnished studio apartment with some utilities included right now for about $500 a month at Univ. of South Carolina in Columbia. Columbia is a 90 min. drive from here. If I were to drive that distance everyday, 5 days a week for what they are predicting gas will go too, I will have spent that $500 in just 10 days!!!!! We are going to be looking for a different vehicle soon that is smaller and gets better gas mileage. I have a sedan now and the gas mileage isn't bad, it's better than some SUV's, but it's not great either.
    So yes, it will save me 3 hours a day of driving time, save on gas and I will be maintaining a second residence because it will be cheaper and easier. Sad.

I'm going to be majoring in Southern Studies at the Univ. of S. Carolina. I won't have to travel to Columbia until next year, I can take some of the classes I need here in Greenville first.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3018512;
    Basic obedience

Nah, I'd fail that for sure. Me and Waldo, obedience school failures.
    Last edited by MRD; 05-23-2008 at 12:18 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Just drove past a gas station on the way back from Starbuck's, and the prices were $4.29 for 87 -- $4.39 for 89 -- and $4.59 for Premium. Oyyyyy...... My car requires premium..... Guess I should check into a 2nd mortgage...

Speaking of new car buying, one of my coworkers is planning on buying a Chevy Trailblazer soon. I said "Aren't you worried about how much money you will have to spend on gas?" and she replied "That's my husband's problem." I didn't know what to say to that, I mean isn't their problem?

One would think....

For anyone who follows diesel fuel prices - it is now over 5.00 a gallon here....

Looking at my cheap gas website, the gas stations for my zip code range from a "low" of $3.86 to a "high" of $4.15 for the regular unleaded.

Most are at anywhere from $3.99 to $4.05 per gallon. Seems like the price increases on a daily basis around here.

Truckers are threatening boycotts because diesel has gone over $5 a gallon. It will be interesting to see what happens there.

We will be going up to the lake this weekend, since Dad's bday is on Tuesday. Some of my sibs will also make the trip in to see them. It will be interesting to see how many boats and jet skis are out on the lake and how many are just sitting in driveways. Gas prices up there topped $4.00 two weeks or so ago and marinas are always more expensive.

MRD

I've noticed a LOT less traffic on some of the roads here. One road in particular is a nightmare anytime of the day to drive and it's been looking like a ghost town. As all the big retailers on on this road, does that mean, they're hurting if people aren't driving?

As for the remark of your co-worker, it is their problem. Wonder how much she's willing to cut in other areas so they can pay for gas for the new trailblazer.
    I already know people that are cutting out a lot of spending like eating out, going to the movies, etc. because they have less descretionary money because of higher gas and food prices.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3007559;
    I just read something about that here. That people almost can't GIVE away their SUV's. The dealers aren't taking them as trade in's and are trying everything in the world as incentives to sell new ones.
    I'm so glad we never bought one. We came close a couple times.
    I can hear the sales pitch. "This Escalade was owned by a little old lady who only drove it to the gas pumps on Sunday!"
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3019395;
    I can hear the sales pitch. "This Escalade was owned by a little old lady who only drove it to the gas pumps on Sunday!"
    good one Newf

I have a picture of my grandmother as a child in a dog cart. Maybe Gustav could pull you to work in one Newf.

Here in Ohio, the average is around 4.00/gallon now.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Gas where I live is now $4.20 a gallon! I was shocked when I saw that. It seems like everyday there is a big increase!
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

+ Reply to Thread