+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 126 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

Re: Gas Prices

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2996586;
    Alternative? Forget hybrids, I'm going wind powered.

Link cause the image is rather large
    Now that looks like fun!
    CYA

It would take me half the day to climb up the grade to my office on a horse but it sure does seem like a good idea at this point!
    Yup, with donuts!!

$3.97 today for regular (sigh). Gas went up .12 over night. Yikes!! Question - how much do you think gas will climb by the end of the year? Heard some news agency say $5.00 a gallon.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by beesknees;3003512;
    $3.97 today for regular (sigh). Gas went up .12 over night. Yikes!! Question - how much do you think gas will climb by the end of the year? Heard some news agency say $5.00 a gallon.
    I've heard predictions of $10 a gallon by labor day.

It's $3.65 here now. That is just UNHEARD of. We were hovering around $3.30 to $3.39 for a couple months and now it's jumped about 20 cents and seems to be staying there or going up.

But I can't help but thinking that even back in the 70's in the days of the oil embargo that people were predicting this and yet, not a whole lot was done about it.

I hate paying it and I wish I could afford a hybrid, but I really think we've seen the last of low gas prices.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I paid $3.97 last night. I drove by that same station this morning and it had gone up to $4.04
    CYA

I failed to fill up on Friday and now gas has gone up .20c a gallon. I have to get gas today which really makes me mad at myself!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I was considering going in to work today for a few hours to get caught up on some things. It cost me $54 to fill up my tank yesterday (that's $3.97/gal) and decided it wasn't worth it: I can just go in a little earlier and get more done without wasting the gas. I'm getting very good an running my errands efficiently, that's for sure I make sure I'm shopping at places between home and work so I don't waste any gas going out of my way.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3003792;
    I hate paying it and I wish I could afford a hybrid, but I really think we've seen the last of low gas prices.
    MRD, you know I drive old cars into the ground...but once this car dies, we're aiming to save up for a Prius. I can remember when gas was under $1/gallon...

On the news today, they said that one gas station was at $3.89 on Friday. Today it was up to $4.01!!! My nearest cheap gas station is still at $3.87, but it will definitely be up to or over $4.00 by next weekend. It will be Memorial Day weekend afterall!

I, too, am thinking more and more about my driving habits. If I need something from the store, and hubby can pick it up on his way home, he will make the stop.

If I am meeting friends for our usual breakfast or lunch catchup, I will bring my grocery list and hit the store on my way home, rather than just go home and go out later in the day.

My daughter has thrown a few hissy fits when I told her I was not taking her and her friends to the mall (the nearest one is 12 miles away...24 mile round trip) just because they are "bored"! None of them have their licenses yet, and I think they will be in for a really rude awakening when that day does come. Some of their part-time jobs will not cover a tankful of gas, that's for sure!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3006328;
    I, too, am thinking more and more about my driving habits. If I need something from the store, and hubby can pick it up on his way home, he will make the stop.
    i used to love to go for a drive on a pretty spring day, camera in tow. i just can't afford it anymore.

i don't go anywhere these days. i drive to work and i drive home. if i need something at the store, i get it on the way home from work. other than that, my car sits outside unused.

+ Reply to Thread