+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 126 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

Re: Gas Prices

Prices here are from $3.79-$3.89 a gallon. If prices keep going up like this hubby and I are going to have to take the motor bike in.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i'm on vacation next week and i'm not going ANYWHERE.
    last year, i made a road trip through ohio into kentucky to visit several of my online friends. i can't afford it this year. so i'm just chillin' at home and doing absolutely nothing.

There was a station in our area selling gas @ $.99/gal from 6-8 this morning. News crews interviewed the first guy in line who got there @ 10:00p.m and reported that AAA made several visits to aid a few that had run out of gas while waiting on line.
    CYA

Prices are stoopid. No rhyme or reason for it. Not driving anywhere unless I have to. And I live in oil country. Bah Humbug.

It's $1.20.4 here at the pumps. I think I once said if it goes over 75 cents/litre, I'd start walking. Well, I'm going to be doing more walking.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I paid $3.99/gal yesterday. Then I drove past another station owned by the same company and it was only $3.89/gal The first one was closer to work (I was on empty and didn't want to chance it) and not in the best neighborhood, while the other one was close to home and in a much better area. Interesting, huh?

There was a report on one of the morning shows about the high price of gas causing people not to go anywhere this summer. They called it a "staycation." I've been doing that for years!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I posted on 5/3/08

The lowest price I've found around here is $3.33 and the highest is $3.54
    We are now up to $3.59 as the lowest and $3.99 as the highest! (where's the booooo smilie?)

It's tourist season here and yet another reason to hate summer where I live. Crowded, tourists driving 40mpg on the Interstate because "golly gee look! trees!", and now higher gas prices.

I know for a fact that the report is right in my own family. Every year we make a 200 mile round trip up into the mountains over Memorial Day weekend to see the states Renaissance Faire, never miss it because its huge and just nothing short of awesome. We won't be going this year and that saddens me but I just don't want to cough up that sort of cash on top of paying for the hotel and everything else.

My concern is that as less gas is used that the prices will climb even more as the gas companies try to make more money.

Mr Buglover will be leaving in June to drive to Oregon for his daughter's graduation. It's going to cost sooo much money to do that but he's taking his younger brother and then they're bringing her and her friend back for a couple weeks. If all 4 of them had to fly it would cost so much more.
    Yup, with donuts!!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;2994799;
    There was a station in our area selling gas @ $.99/gal from 6-8 this morning. News crews interviewed the first guy in line who got there @ 10:00p.m and reported that AAA made several visits to aid a few that had run out of gas while waiting on line.
    wow, i'm impressed that AAA did that. but then again, that's what they're for!

i think i would just turn the car off and push it the few feet everytime i needed to move it up.

i was talking with a co-worker today ... she and her family drive to florida every year, and they're still going next week because this trip has been planned all year, but this might be the last time they do it. they're figuring they'll spend close to $1,000 on gas alone.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2996492;
    wow, i'm impressed that AAA did that. but then again, that's what they're for!

i think i would just turn the car off and push it the few feet everytime i needed to move it up.

I would too. I guess people got into line with pretty empty tanks hoping to fill up as much as they could.
    CYA

Alternative? Forget hybrids, I'm going wind powered.

Link cause the image is rather large

Or what about horse powered?

(images on my server)

+ Reply to Thread