+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 126 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

Premium Member

Re: Gas Prices

It won't. The price per barrel now is about $117, which is for oil futures. What we're paying now reflects back to when oil was around $105 a barrel. It's only going to get worse.

OMG Marley. That could mean almost $5 a gallon here in Cali. Horse and buggy anyone?
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

This is going to sound stupid, but I haven't had a full tank in so long, that all day today, I kept looking at my fuel gauge because it gave me a thrill (I was going to say cheap thrill, but it wasn't exactly cheap. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2941089;
    I keep receipts in my '74 Olds when I fill it and write down the miles since my fuel gauge doesn't work. I bought gas Oct. 18th last year for $2.91. I use premium in it. On Oct. 29th it was $3.05. Last week I filled it up after getting it out of storage for $3.55 and yesterday I got it for $3.46 at Sam's and the going price everywhere else was $3.76 which is what the price is today at Sam's. That will be $94 to fill my car if I have a gallon left. Right now my cruiser only gets 10 miles per gallon.

Maybe there won't be much cruising this summer, more just standing around and admiring a beautiful car.

I put gas in when it hits 3/4 so that it isn't such a big shock. Filling the tank once taught me that.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

We've tried the ethanol blends, but we've noticed a pretty significant drop in MPG when using it-- not worth it in our opinions, unfortunately.

Been seeing gas for over $3.60 here. It is funny... back on some of our trips out west, I'd always take pics of the gas prices in Death Valley since they were usually so much higher than elsewhere. Now I look at these pics and long for those days- http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...t%203/va42.jpg

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by pakacat;2943275;
    We've tried the ethanol blends, but we've noticed a pretty significant drop in MPG when using it-- not worth it in our opinions, unfortunately.

Been seeing gas for over $3.60 here. It is funny... back on some of our trips out west, I'd always take pics of the gas prices in Death Valley since they were usually so much higher than elsewhere. Now I look at these pics and long for those days- http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...t%203/va42.jpg
    Go back and read the first few pages of this thread and see what we were complaining about. Wish we had those prices NOW!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2943381;
    Go back and read the first few pages of this thread and see what we were complaining about. Wish we had those prices NOW!
    No joke. It was $3.65 here the 1st of the week but a BP near my work was at $3.48 today. It's a shame when you get excited for $3.50 a gallon gas.

How about these gas prices?

In many oil producing nations gas is absurdly cheap. In Venezuela it's 12 cents a gallon. In Saudi Arabia it's 45.
    Link: Why gas in the U.S. is so cheap: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

There's an email circulating that encourages us to boycott companies that get their resources from Middle Eastern countries. Most of the big names were on the list(Exxon, Shell, Chevron). BP was among the US companies listed. Unfortunately, there aren't many US owned companies near me.

It cost me $76.00 to fill up today.

Getting lost will help you find yourself.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

remember when gas USED to go up by only a few cents? now it jumps 15-20 cents, goes down 5 cents, jumps up another 20 cents.

and the big gas companies are boasting record profit margins.

something is SERIOUSLY wrong with this picture.

+ Reply to Thread