+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 126 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

Re: Gas Prices

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2940122;
    Isn't that the truth. In SoCal you NEED a car. Public transportation is NOT an option when you have to be at work at 4:30 am and the buses do not start until 5am. Or if I have a late shift and off at 11pm and the bus stops at that time.
    Public transportation in SoCal sucks. I once read an article about car companies getting rid of transit because they wanted to build more roads for cars and I fully believe it. I don't work anywhere near LA but I imagine it is a nightmare to commute in the city since so many people have to drive. Here it's not terrible but it is getting more congested with cars as the years go by. We have a good bus system but unless you are willing to use up 2 hours of your time to get somewhere it may have taken 15 minutes to drive to, you're out of luck.
    Yup, with donuts!!

well in the little town I live in outside of Columbus GA gas is now $3.42 a gallon....and since we live in a small community and everyone knows everyone...I jokenly told the guy who owns the small convience store that I was gonna have to start coming up there every night and mop his floors and clean his bathrooms so I could afford to put gas in my car...work for gas...lol

I tell you what though, I drive a small 4 door Nissan and I remember when it only took me 16.00 to fill the thing up and now 16.00 will give me about 1/3 of a tank...its disgusting when the oil companies are making a fortune
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

MRD

Gas has gone down from $3.35 over the weekend to $3.29 today, so I took advantage and filled up. $55.00 to fill up, I almost fainted. The car hasn't had a full tank in so long it almost didn't know how to act.
    I can remember when $55.00 a week was my grocery budget!!! And that wasn't all THAT long ago either.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The sad thing is that yearly raises never cover the increased cost of living. Rent goes up, gas goes up, groceries go up but pay only goes up a little bit.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I keep receipts in my '74 Olds when I fill it and write down the miles since my fuel gauge doesn't work. I bought gas Oct. 18th last year for $2.91. I use premium in it. On Oct. 29th it was $3.05. Last week I filled it up after getting it out of storage for $3.55 and yesterday I got it for $3.46 at Sam's and the going price everywhere else was $3.76 which is what the price is today at Sam's. That will be $94 to fill my car if I have a gallon left. Right now my cruiser only gets 10½ miles per gallon.

Oh Unk that's horrible! How can anyone enjoy their cruisers with prices like that??!!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

It's going to be rough this summer. We do car shows at my restaurant and I hope it doesn't have an adverse effect on us.

Is there any way to get sponsors for all the cars? Donations for gas so that you can have the car shows?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Not really. It's a for profit thing. We have sponsors for our Children's Hospital show in Sept. to help defray the cost so we give more money to the hospital, but each individual is responsible for their own.

We I suppose the cost is worth it if it's for the children's hospital. Let's hope that gas goes down soon!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread