+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 126 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

MRD

Re: Gas Prices

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2934266;
    No doubt! When the heck did milk get so expensive? It's almost $5 a gallon now! Thank goodness my car needs gas more than my son drinks milk.
    I KNOW! I bought milk the other day and said, thank goodness my car doesn't run on milk. It's more expensive than gas.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I just updated all the costs for the food we sell at the restaurant and our costs have increased dramatically this month. It's insane. Every purveyor but one has a gas surcharge on their invoices. The one that doesn't, our main food supplier, is the one that just went crazy this month. FYI according to our dairy supplier, dairy prices should be stabilizing.

As of today, gas just went up ANOTHER 4 cents a Litre... so it is now $1.27/L (times the price by 4 for how much you'd all pay per gallon= $5.08/G).

Well, I'm so disgusted with the prices. Here it is $3.49 a gallon and I'm sure by the weekend it will be $3.60. I heard on Regis and Kelly this morning that they are saying gas will be well over $5 a gallon. We're headed for depression if something isn't done
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Sunday night one gas station was actually "cheap" at $3.49. Monday night it had jumped up to $3.57! Eight cents in less than a day!

I've yet to venture out today.....should be interesting what the sign says when I go pick up my daughter after I get out of here!

According to my cheap gas price website, for my zip, the prices range from $3.57 to $3.69. At this rate, we will be up to or even over $4.00 by Memorial Day.

My husband just filled our riding lawn mower with gas today and it cost over $40! Methinks the grass will be waving in the wind this summer.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;2938723;
    My husband just filled our riding lawn mower with gas today and it cost over $40! Methinks the grass will be waving in the wind this summer.
    My husband HATES to mow, so he's already figured out that if any of the neighbors say anything about how tall our grass is getting, he's just going to tell them he's saving gas by not mowing as often.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I paid $3.85/gal the other day for regular unleaded. It was over $4 for premium. I normally don't even look at the price because it's not as if I can just say "Well, I'll just wait until next week to see if the price goes down." When I need gas, I need it. Better to stay in denial and avoid freaking out over the cost.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2939743;
    I paid $3.85/gal the other day for regular unleaded. It was over $4 for premium. I normally don't even look at the price because it's not as if I can just say "Well, I'll just wait until next week to see if the price goes down." When I need gas, I need it. Better to stay in denial and avoid freaking out over the cost.
    Isn't that the truth. In SoCal you NEED a car. Public transportation is NOT an option when you have to be at work at 4:30 am and the buses do not start until 5am. Or if I have a late shift and off at 11pm and the bus stops at that time.

We have not had to even think about mowing yet here. Although with the way the weather has been so nice lately, it is just a matter of time before mowing season starts.

Hubby is out of town this week and my daughter asked him if he wanted her to mow the lawn while he was gone. She loves mowing the lawn - riding lawn mower, naturally. He still wants to put down the crabgrass killer stuff first, but we have to wait until rain is in the forecast.

Tonight, my son ran out of gas! He called here looking for hubby, forgetting that he is out of town this week. So I found a 1-gallon gas can in the garage and met him. We put in gas from the nearest gas station and then he went to another down the road that was about 5 cents cheaper. (I know we have a 5-gallon gas can in the garage, but I have no idea where it is!)

+ Reply to Thread