+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 126 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

It's odd. The station by me is selling unleaded for $2.67. If I drive about 2 miles east, I can get it for $2.57. It jumped up mid week, luckily at the beginning of the week I filled up at $2.47. (This is in the burbs of Detroit)
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

FORT Fogey
    Here in Toronto, the prices are around 99.9 cents. CRAZY!

GAS PRICES??!!! TOO high!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGirl
    GAS PRICES??!!! TOO high!
    I'm so glad I don't have to drive.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    So my next question for everyone - except for the obvious (commuting, etc.), are you driving LESS?

I definitely am. I still have to do the typical things a SAHM does, but I combine a lot into one trip. I also live on the side of my county with NOTHING but a supermarket (read: must drive to other end of county for mall, etc.), so I make sure to get everything done while I'm out.

I have spent less time running the roads, which has been good for my housecleaning and closets while my daughter's at camp (oh, and of course live feed time LOL)

Here, the cheaper gas is 2.52 a gallon!! Awful...........
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by shyra
    Where I live in Canada it is $1.02 a litre right now so I don't drive much.

One litre of gas here equals 4 gallons of gas in the states. Or I think that is what it is

4 liters equals about 1 gallon

Premium Member
    This morning on Fox News I heard that oil prices were down slightly and gas prices were expected to drop after Labor Day as long as there were no disasters (like hurricanes). We'll see I guess.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    $2.39 and higher in Houston

Used to cost me around $33 to fill my tank per week and I drive a Nissan Murano (mid-size SUV); now it costs me around $45 a week and I usually average around 18/19 mpg.

$12 a week doesn't sound like much, but slowly but surely, other services such as trash, overnight deliveries (any industry reliant on gas in some facet basically), travel, etc. begin to pass on price increases....so while we don't see the immediate effect at the pumps, it hits us eventually in other areas because we're all in the same boat. Sucks.

I'm mentally preparing myself for the $3 gallon though as a norm...
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

I paid 2.40 on Saturday and 2.50 yesterday. The cost of the gas won't make a huge difference to me, but the fact that everything else we do is associated with gas price sure will. Everything that we wear, eat, drink or read probably arrives to us by truck. Add the higher cost of those items to the higher gas price that WE pay, and then it starts getting scarey.

+ Reply to Thread