+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 126 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

Re: Gas Prices

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2406634;
    No kidding. I was honestly expecting it to go up even more on Friday as it went up to $1.20/L early in the week. And with all reports saying it's priced at least 30 cents too high, it makes me so frustrated.
    They keep on saying it's supply and demand. I call bull$hit.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2407933;
    They keep on saying it's supply and demand. I call bull$hit.
    Of course it is supply and demand. No matter how much money we supply, the oil companies will always demand more
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

I was watching the news tonight and they again reported that there were problems at the refineries, but the source of that info were the oil and energy companies. I wish a reporter would show up at a troubled refinery to see if things were really broken down and why they are breaking down so often.

$2.83 a gallon here in N. NJ. I could walk to work in a pinch too.

It's 3.30/gallon here (Birmingham, Alabama). I've parked my beloved 5.0 Mustang in the garage - no plans to drive that lovely convertible gas guzzler in the near future. Our other vehicle is a small truck - at least it gets better gas mileage. I would certainly take advantage of public transportation if it were available here.

We're planning a road trip in June (to Charleston, SC). Hoping the gas prices will come down so we can take the Mustang - soooo much more fun than the truck! I want to put the top down and go!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Yay for gas going up again. I think it's so completely necessary. There cannot possibly be a misleading reason for it. /end sarcasm.

I cannot believe gas went up another 5 cents/L. That is so ridiculous. I've heard that here in Sask, it'll be up to 1.50/L by summer. Yuck!

I just wish that people would realize that I, a gas station cashier, has no control over the price of the gas. We have to pay the same amount that everybody else does. And here in Seattle at my work, gas is $3.44
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

FORT Newbie

I feel for you SuperBrat, people get angry and take it on the wrong people .

3.42 here NW Ohio

$3.49 here in Central Ohio.

I coughed up $50 for 3/4 tank yesterday ($3.259/gallon.) OUCH! I've cut WAY back on my driving, and rarely leave the driveway unless it's work-related, my piano lessons (a pure luxury ) or the dogs and I need groceries--any other trip has to be combined with work or groceries. Thank goodness my morning commute is down one flight of stairs, and not the 40 mile round-trip that it used to be. I've also cut way back on yard work, but that's partly because I get no thrill out of mindlessly pushing a mower back and forth for five hours. Besides, the bunnies awarded me the Order of the Cottontail for providing them with extra food and habitat
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread