+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 126 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

I Is Stephanie

Re: Gas Prices

Yeah. My school is 18 miles from home, and even if I wanted to bike, those 18 miles are on 2 major highways. I don't know. Gas isn't that bad here ($2.81-ish), but it's climbing so fast that I don't know how much longer it's going to stay "reasonable."
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

I paid $3.42 the other day. Luckily, I'm close to work (7 miles), but it won't stop me from driving places. If I gotta get somewhere, I gotta get there. Our "mass transit" sucks here.

No matter what the public does, unless it is on a HUGE scale, it will not affect the oil companies and how they work. They are in business to make billions in profits. And they have the control of production, distribution and therefore price. Simple.

The cost per barrel actually went Down....yet their prices continue to rise. That' just wrong. And greedy.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

People will gradually make changes (moving closer to work, buying smaller vehicles, car pooling, and most simple, slowing down and not driving aggressively) in response to higher gas prices. This will happen when gas prices stay high for long enough or when the price moves above some point, say, $3.50 per gallon. Those who make these changes will be rewarded with more after tax income left in their wallets. And in free enterprise economies, greed isn't necessarily a bad thing. All companies are in business to make money (exceptions GM & Ford lol). The reason oil companies seem to make alot is because they are big companies. Exxon, made 36,130,000,000 on revenues of 339,938,000,000 which is about 10.5% profit which is hardly excessive. Or, I should say, the shareholders of Exxon made that. The shareholders that includes pension funds and retired people depending on these dividends for income.
    Last edited by lostfann; 05-02-2007 at 09:00 PM.

Gas went up here to $1.21/litre. Just in time for the long weekend. Co-incidence. NOT.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

$3.08 on average here It's really sickening. Luckily I filled up before it jumped .30 and also got .10 off a gallon for spending $100 at Kroger for the month.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

$3.05 on average here in North Alabama....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

$3.39 here in NW Ohio.

FORT Newbie

3.49 here in Indiana, just in time for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2404568;
    Gas went up here to $1.21/litre. Just in time for the long weekend. Co-incidence. NOT.
    No kidding. I was honestly expecting it to go up even more on Friday as it went up to $1.20/L early in the week. And with all reports saying it's priced at least 30 cents too high, it makes me so frustrated.

+ Reply to Thread