+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 126 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

Quote Originally Posted by Spoose
    Here in Canada we just topped out over a dollar a litre ($1.06 yesterday). We were as low as 94 cents a litre a few weeks ago. I know larger places like Vancouver were over a dollar several months ago...I hate to think where their gas prices are now.

It costs me about $50 to fill up my small car. I've definitely stopped driving as much as I used to (I used to drive home for lunch, now I stay at work and I carpool in the mornings, even though that means staying at work for an hour longer than I usually do).
    I'm in Southern Ontario and that's about the same situation. It's around $1.04 today and a couple weeks ago I filled up at 88 cents and that was low to me.

I've also made a conscious effort to drive less, but sometimes, it's difficult to do.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Gas/Ethanol blends (commonly called "gasahol", and a 90% gas/10% ethanol blend) are good, and have some advantages.

But the disadvantages right now are the fact that it increases some harmful emissions, and the fact that major gas-producing companies would have to refit their production systems, which would raise the price of gasahol way above the current gas prices.

But, we don't have to get into the politics of this kind of thing, since we're only discussing what people are paying for gas.
    You're right. I didn't realize what it would actually cost to convert to gasahol.

$1.14 per litre Canadian in Chile right now.....ouch!

$2.50 here in Columbus. I only put $6 in because I can get it at Sam's Club tomorrow for .05 less. Every little bit helps. I remember the first time I paid over $2 a gallon. Chicago, 1979. My first job was at a gas station in 1967. 24 cents per gallon. That would be nice.

There was a price war when I was in college between two competing gas stations. We got fuel for 80 cents a gallon. My daughter will probably think that's a fairytale when I tell her one day.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Gas wars in '70 that I remember took it down as far as 16 cents a gallon. That's when I had a hot rod, my '69 Plymouth Roadrunner. That was sweet the way that car sucked gas.

I saw on the news that a couple of days ago a gas station in Texas made an error on the pricing on the gas pumps, and it was going for like $0.26 or $0.28 a gallon. They were lined up to get it!

Where I live in Canada it is $1.02 a litre right now so I don't drive much.

One litre of gas here equals 4 gallons of gas in the states. Or I think that is what it is

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Here in North Alabama its averaging about $2.50 for regular unleaded. It took $45 for me to fill up my Toyota 4runner. I drive about 40 miles roundtrip every day to work...all this on a single mom's income......Its at times like this I still had my Honda Accord....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

averaging about $2.75 and up for regular here in the Washington DC suburbs. Thats about a 30-40 cent increase all within the past couple of days

My guess is prices will stay up for a while, maybe start coming down within a few years

+ Reply to Thread