+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 126 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

$2.40 for midgrade (Friday evening).

Has anyone gotten a locking gas cap? I heard a few months ago that stealing gas was an issue.

The lowest here is $2.27. That's at a station out in the boonies, though. All the ones here in town (in Kentucky) are about $2.49 for regular

ETA: I'm selling my SUV (which I used to have to drive) and I'm going to try and buy a hybrid or a car with excellent gas usage.
    Last edited by Stargazer; 08-14-2005 at 12:14 PM.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Interesting Jennifer....I almost always rent a car when I am in Canada, and last time I had to provide a copy of my gas receipt to the rental company when I turned the car in. This really confused me since if the gas tank reads full, why should I have to give a receipt with a copy of my credit card number on it? Reason given: people are returning cars with tanks full of farm grade gas, water, etc., or syphoning it from other vehicles. Great....now I have to prove that I am NOT a criminal.

Why doesn't the government really work on getting a renewable gas source? Ethanol is a great idea, and if everyone used a gas/ethanol blend, think of the gallons of gas that would be saved. If it was available in our area, I would sure use it.
    But, government is so closely related right now to the oil companies. (Cheney for example) In the latest energy bill Bush signed into law, it gives Oil companies millions of dollars over the next few years. I don't remember what exactly for, but I will look it up.

It's about $2.39 to $2.59 here, depending on where you go. I got half a tank yesterday for $2.39, but am thinking I should have just filled it on up, since I'm unlikely to find it cheaper. It was $2.15 just a week or two ago.
    I'm really glad I have a late-model Honda Civic, which is great on gas. I wish I had a hybrid, though.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

$2.53 here in MI

Just paid $2.31 a gallon for regular unleaded. What I don't get is when oil goes up .20 a barrel why does gas go up .20 a gallon? I am sure you can make more than one gallon of gas out of a barrell. I think it is all a rip off.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by syd18
    Why doesn't the government really work on getting a renewable gas source? Ethanol is a great idea, and if everyone used a gas/ethanol blend, think of the gallons of gas that would be saved. If it was available in our area, I would sure use it.
    But, government is so closely related right now to the oil companies. (Cheney for example) In the latest energy bill Bush signed into law, it gives Oil companies millions of dollars over the next few years. I don't remember what exactly for, but I will look it up.
    Gas/Ethanol blends (commonly called "gasahol", and a 90% gas/10% ethanol blend) are good, and have some advantages.

But the disadvantages right now are the fact that it increases some harmful emissions, and the fact that major gas-producing companies would have to refit their production systems, which would raise the price of gasahol way above the current gas prices.

But, we don't have to get into the politics of this kind of thing, since we're only discussing what people are paying for gas.

You guys all have it cheap over there.

Here in NY, right now, the cheapest is like 2.83 per gallon, and for the Premium, it was 3.08 last night. It was the first time in my life when I ever saw $3 for a gallon.

I remember a couple years ago when I was 6 or so, the gas price was once 0.87 per gallon. And we went to California a couple years back and we saw a gas station with 1.75 and we were outraged by that. Now we pay almost 3. Not good.

Premium Member
    I try and put it in perspective and add up the cost of all the bottled water I drink. I just paid 99 cents (on sale) for a 20 oz. bottle of water. That figures out to be a little over $6 a gallon, so paying $2.50 a gallon for gas doesn't bit quite so hard when I think of it that way.

+ Reply to Thread