+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 126 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by imajunkie2 View Post
    Or in our case a simple rule of I want it and you got it so I'm gonna take it

Long story short our tank was filled yesterday ($75 worth) and I parked in the driveway last night because the garage door has been acting up. Hubby went to go to work this morning and the tank is EMPTY. Great way to start the weekend
    You are kidding me???!!! I'd be seriously opening up a can of whoopass if that happened to me!! I'm so sorry imajunkie2. What goes around will come around for the jerk that did that!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by imajunkie2 View Post
    ... Hubby went to go to work this morning and the tank is EMPTY. Great way to start the weekend
    That's AWFUL. I remember, back in the day, when I had to get a locking gas cap on my old car because siphoning was nuts in our neighborhood. According to the cartoon, I must be senile. Because I do remember those days ....

Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    That's AWFUL. I remember, back in the day, when I had to get a locking gas cap on my old car because siphoning was nuts in our neighborhood. According to the cartoon, I must be senile. Because I do remember those days ....

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f150/losolomio/image006.gif

The cartoon is tooo funny. Yep, I must be old as I remember that too. When I started driving gas was about 55 cents a gallon and I always got full service. Now there isn't a full service station in this state I think. I hate pumping gas and try to get hubby to do it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I've been planning a road trip to California from Alabama. Today I figured out that if I rent a car that gets 25 miles per gallon and gas averages at 3 dollars a gallon I have to go 4000 miles round trip that would be 600 dollars!! Yikes! Doesn't look like I'll be going now.

I live in New Jersey, which I believe is the last state left where someone by law has to pump your gas for you. It's bad enough that they try to talk to me through my closed passenger side window which they presume is electric, and it's not. So lazy they won't even come around to the driver's side! But the fact that it's so close to, and in many cases $3.00 now, a gallon will contribute to road rage and mine may just be among it. I shouldn't complain too loudly because I drive a small 4 cylinder these days. I've tried to cut down my trips, which is not as easy as it should be with a teenager who doesn't drive.

Know what's curious to me that I've noticed? And I am not being racist, but being very truthful and observant. As soon as these prices started going up again this year, all of the local gas attendants started to be replaced by attendants where English is definitely a second language. I frequent two gas stations quite a bit, and I noticed a very striking personnel change with the price shift in the past few months. The station brand names stayed the same. I'm not talking about other Brand-X gas stations (where I wouldn't go simply because I know the gas doesn't have detergent in it), but certain ones with a very well-known brand name that were always run and staffed by really friendly local kids. I'm not "spooked", but just wondering what the h*ll is going on.

I live in New Jersey, which I believe is the last state left where someone by law has to pump your gas for you
    I heard on NPR the other day that Oregon doesn't have self-serve either.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Your info is correct, Newfherder; I went to OR last year and the first couple of times I got gas, the attendants probably thought I was nuts because I didn't know what was going on!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD
    I miss full serve. I liked having my oil checked, windshield cleaned and someone else pumping while I sat in teh car. I like to be pampered that way.
    So hubby pumps gas, but does he check the oil or wash the windshield? NO. He's going to have to shape up or get fired as my gas station attendent. Unfortunately there IS no one else to do it but me.

We had friends down from Pennsylvania about 5 years ago and they were not only floored by self serve, but by the fact you can buy beer EVERYWHERE. Every convenicence store (which is also a gas station) sells it, the drugstore sells it the grocery store, etc. Apparantly they have to go to state run stores to buy any alcohol. Even Walmart sells it here.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Another gas cartoon for your viewing pleasure....
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Fort Member
    Petrol here has reached $1:40 a litre thats about $5:30 a gallon. It hasnt been under a $1L ($3:78g) for at least 12 months. I am lucky I only live 3k from work so I walk but also my car is on LPG which has actually gone down in price from over 60c to now about 51c.
    We have not had full service petrol stations for over 10 years. When self service came in the plan was that stations would give you a choice and if you opted for self service it would cost you less. Full service vanished very quickly, except in rural areas where you may find one or two still around but probaly only about 5 across the whole of Australia

+ Reply to Thread