+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2474114115116117118119120121122123124125126 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1251

Thread: Gas Prices

Re: Gas Prices

We are around $2 per gallon but I just heard they are trying to pass an extra tax on gas in California to help with the budget the the Terminator screwed up.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3320006;
    We are around $2 per gallon but I just heard they are trying to pass an extra tax on gas in California to help with the budget the the Terminator screwed up.
    My area is averaging about $2.20 - I hope it doesn't start inching up all over again. The Teminator's proposal is to increase gas by 12 cents per gallon. I guess he won't be continuing to drive his Hummer.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Has anyone else seen gas prices skyrocket over the past week?

On Friday, May 1st, I met a friend for breakfast and a chatfest at 9:30 a.m. On my way to the diner, gas was $2.09 at my local station. Two hours or so later, it had gone up to $2.13.

Today it is now up to $2.39!!!! It has steadily gone up each day, sometimes twice in a day, to where it is now 30 cents higher.....in eight days!

I have noticed that too MamaC. I had to stop for gas yesterday and happened to pull in as the lone attendant was changing the prices. I pulled to the pump that she hadn't gotten to yet and got the gas for the lower price as that was the one advertised at that pump.
    CYA

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

yeah, it jumped 20 cents in one afternoon here.

And so the fleecing of the summer travelers begins...
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3442569;
    And so the fleecing of the summer travelers begins...
    you got that right ...

That's what I told my husband.....I said at this rate we will be up to $3 a gallon just in time for Memorial Day Weekend.

Last year it was due to the price per barrel climbing steadily upward. That is not the case this year. So why this increase??? Even the station owners are complaining that it is the oil companies that are just jacking up the price.....because they can! They said to call your congresspeople and complain!

FORT Fogey

Part of the increase is due to the Summer time. Regulations in most regions require a different type of gas in the Summer, when the heat makes pollution more of an issue. It's more expensive to refine, so we pay more.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3442460;
    Has anyone else seen gas prices skyrocket over the past week?

On Friday, May 1st, I met a friend for breakfast and a chatfest at 9:30 a.m. On my way to the diner, gas was $2.09 at my local station. Two hours or so later, it had gone up to $2.13.

Today it is now up to $2.39!!!! It has steadily gone up each day, sometimes twice in a day, to where it is now 30 cents higher.....in eight days!
    It's like they're toying with us knowing that we can't do a darn thing about it. We have noticed that sometimes they change the price of gas several times a day. They raise it numerous times, and drop the price again but it never seems to go as low as it was before they started. If it starts at $2, then it may rise and fall several times in a day but will never end back at $2 again. I feel sorry for people who have low paying jobs that are miles from their homes.

+ Reply to Thread