+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 126 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

It has leveled off here. It was $2.89 when I went to work, one of my co-workers went out at noon and it was $2.99. When I left, it was back down to $2.87. Hopefully it will stay this way.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    $2.899 to $3.099 in the suburbs of Chicago, and $3.099 to $3.439 in the city. What's very strange is that it varies widely in the city - 2 gas stations on the same corner, 20 cents a gallon apart.
    We had the same thing here in North Alabama the other day...there's a small bridge that separates 2 towns...on one side, regular gas was $2.89 on the other $3.46 (can you say price gouging???)...going that same route today, I noticed that the gas that was $3.46 is now $2.99......why do people do that???
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Two streets over it is $3.19 for Regular at the convenience store. Ten minutes away at my grandma's it is $2.99 BUT they are ALL sold out of Regular and everything else is stark raving ridiculous. We checked four places over in her neighboorhood and they ALL are out of Regular.

Prices went down here today, thank god. We're at $2.89/gallon. I remember last year at FORTcon, I noticed the gas prices in the suburbs of Chicago were $2/gallon. I remember thinking, "Gosh, how can people afford that?"
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Was talking to my parents up in Canada this afternoon. Heard that gas has reached an all time high of $1.17 - that's freakin' crazy.
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

It's 3.18 to 3.39 for regular in the west burbs of Detroit. Some stations are getting shipments. It is odd how the prices go if you see a high price drive a block or two and the you will find a lower one.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Will Gas Rationing Begin In Pa.?
    Rendell Urges Fuel Conservation

POSTED: 1:35 pm EDT September 1, 2005
    UPDATED: 1:58 pm EDT September 1, 2005

HARRISBURG, Pa. -- Gasoline rationing or a temporary break from the state's 31-cent-per-gallon gasoline tax could lie ahead for Pennsylvania motorists if the gas crisis brought on by Hurricane Katrina gets much worse.

Gov. Ed Rendell raised those possibilities today at a Harrisburg news conference where he urged Pennsylvanians to carpool and take other steps to conserve gasoline.

He said his administration is considering more drastic steps that could become necessary. Rendell said his administration is expecting gasoline prices that can exceed $3 a gallon, and spot fuel shortages that have occurred elsewhere.

In order to temporarily lift the state gas tax, the governor said he would have to call the Legislature into special session and obtain its approval. But he noted that such a move could seriously disrupt funding for highway and bridge work across the state.

If gasoline supplies are disrupted and shortages occur, he said the state could require fuel rationing.
    http://www.wpxi.com/news/4925209/detail.html
    Last edited by ClosetNerd; 09-04-2005 at 12:42 PM.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I'm proud of the PA and GA governors for taking steps to relieve some of the financial stress that people are under right now. Even if its temporary, its immediate action that people can appreciate when they go to the pumps. I just wish Kentucky would follow suit.

Gas prices are holding steady at $2.89 here right now. Better than $3.19, I guess.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I just returned from vacation in Ocean City, MD. It was $2.49. The next day it was $3.29. 80 cents in one day for the same gas is ludicrious. Ugh.

Premium Member
    Between here and Kansas City this weekend we saw some at $2.99 but mostly $3.09-$3.19.

+ Reply to Thread