+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gas Prices

MRD

Re: Gas Prices

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3226598;
    We're at 90 cents a liter (about 3.60/gallon) and I can't remember it that low in a long time. We're supposed to go to 80 by Christmas (which means they should be giving it to you guys for free by then I keeeed ) I remember about the same MRD. It used to cost me under $5 to fill up my big old '66 Ford Comet.
    I had a 69 Ford Torino and it took about that much to fill it. Boy, those were the days.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

1.95 where I am at.

$1.95! And yes, I did take a picture just like I said I would. Hee hee.

I'd like to add this little caveat.... lowering gas prices won't fix the economy. Even if gas got down to .50 a gallon it doesn't change the fact that groceries and other items are so flipping expensive! It helps but it doesn't change it. Can't go to the grocery store without spending $100. It's insane.

Back to gas prices, it's like a game for me now. How low will it go before they go back up? Because you know they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3227225;
    $1.95! And yes, I did take a picture just like I said I would. Hee hee.

I'd like to add this little caveat.... lowering gas prices won't fix the economy. Even if gas got down to .50 a gallon it doesn't change the fact that groceries and other items are so flipping expensive! It helps but it doesn't change it. Can't go to the grocery store without spending $100. It's insane.

Back to gas prices, it's like a game for me now. How low will it go before they go back up? Because you know they will.
    No, lower gas prices won't fix the economy. But it sure won't hurt. Every penny I don't have to spend on gas can now go somewhere else.

What gets me is that they say grocery prices won't go down either. They call it "sticky prices". The cost of shipping caused the prices to rise but for some reason, when the cost of shipping goes down, the grocery prices don't have to.

I think gas is $2.14 here. I am almost empty, so I'll have to get some later today. That will for sure cause it to drop a little more.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

MRD

I'm expecting gas prices to start going back up on Wed. after the election is over.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3227248;
    I'm expecting gas prices to start going back up on Wed. after the election is over.
    me too.

that's why i waited until i was on fumes before i filled up today at $2.24

We are down to $2.46 today! Below $2.50 for the first time in I can't remember how long!

Harmony, I heard on the news that the reason food prices have not fallen along with the gas prices is that the trucks getting these goods from place to place run on diesel fuel, which has not come down in price like gas has.

$1.97 I filled up for under $30!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3227248;
    Me, too. That's why I'm definitely filling up my car tomorrow before the polls officially close.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3227570;
    Harmony, I heard on the news that the reason food prices have not fallen along with the gas prices is that the trucks getting these goods from place to place run on diesel fuel, which has not come down in price like gas has.
    good point ....

+ Reply to Thread