+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gas Prices

  1. #1081
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: Gas Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3226598;
    We're at 90 cents a liter (about 3.60/gallon) and I can't remember it that low in a long time. We're supposed to go to 80 by Christmas (which means they should be giving it to you guys for free by then I keeeed ) I remember about the same MRD. It used to cost me under $5 to fill up my big old '66 Ford Comet.
    I had a 69 Ford Torino and it took about that much to fill it. Boy, those were the days.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  2. #1082
    FORT Fogey nennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,901

    Re: Gas Prices

    1.95 where I am at.

  3. #1083
    Crazy Shutterbug Harmony2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,163

    Re: Gas Prices

    $1.95! And yes, I did take a picture just like I said I would. Hee hee.

    I'd like to add this little caveat.... lowering gas prices won't fix the economy. Even if gas got down to .50 a gallon it doesn't change the fact that groceries and other items are so flipping expensive! It helps but it doesn't change it. Can't go to the grocery store without spending $100. It's insane.

    Back to gas prices, it's like a game for me now. How low will it go before they go back up? Because you know they will.

  4. #1084
    FORT Fogey Lil Bit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,576

    Re: Gas Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3227225;
    $1.95! And yes, I did take a picture just like I said I would. Hee hee.

    I'd like to add this little caveat.... lowering gas prices won't fix the economy. Even if gas got down to .50 a gallon it doesn't change the fact that groceries and other items are so flipping expensive! It helps but it doesn't change it. Can't go to the grocery store without spending $100. It's insane.

    Back to gas prices, it's like a game for me now. How low will it go before they go back up? Because you know they will.
    No, lower gas prices won't fix the economy. But it sure won't hurt. Every penny I don't have to spend on gas can now go somewhere else.

    What gets me is that they say grocery prices won't go down either. They call it "sticky prices". The cost of shipping caused the prices to rise but for some reason, when the cost of shipping goes down, the grocery prices don't have to.

    I think gas is $2.14 here. I am almost empty, so I'll have to get some later today. That will for sure cause it to drop a little more.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

  5. #1085
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: Gas Prices

    I'm expecting gas prices to start going back up on Wed. after the election is over.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  6. #1086
    shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    michigan
    Age
    51
    Posts
    6,746

    Re: Gas Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3227248;
    I'm expecting gas prices to start going back up on Wed. after the election is over.
    me too.

    that's why i waited until i was on fumes before i filled up today at $2.24

  7. #1087
    addicted MamaC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,501

    Re: Gas Prices

    We are down to $2.46 today! Below $2.50 for the first time in I can't remember how long!

    Harmony, I heard on the news that the reason food prices have not fallen along with the gas prices is that the trucks getting these goods from place to place run on diesel fuel, which has not come down in price like gas has.

  8. #1088
    That's all folks! Unklescott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    26,558

    Re: Gas Prices

    $1.97 I filled up for under $30!

  9. #1089
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    183

    Re: Gas Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3227248;
    I'm expecting gas prices to start going back up on Wed. after the election is over.
    Me, too. That's why I'm definitely filling up my car tomorrow before the polls officially close.

  10. #1090
    shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    michigan
    Age
    51
    Posts
    6,746

    Re: Gas Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3227570;
    Harmony, I heard on the news that the reason food prices have not fallen along with the gas prices is that the trucks getting these goods from place to place run on diesel fuel, which has not come down in price like gas has.
    good point ....

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.