+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 72

Thread: Guys, How NOT to get a date!

  1. #1
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    16

    Guys, How NOT to get a date!

    I have seen guys actually do these, so I thought I’d point out some of it because I think it is funny. Have you seen guys do this, and really think it is going to work? Tell us!


    1. Convert you car into a “thumper” and drive around with your windows down (inflicting pain on everyone you pass).
    2. Call yourself a “Pimp”.
    3. Listen to music, really loud that contains the “B” word.
    4. Put playboy symbols on your car.
    5. Hang plastic testicles on the back of your truck.
    6. Get a DUI.
    7. Brag about your sexual conquests.
    8. Claim to be anything you are obviously not.
    9. Name your body parts.
    10. Say, “My BMW is in the shop. This is my brothers’ Yugo”.
    11. Brag about your IQ.
    12. Say, "Live Long and Prosper", but not at a Star Trek convention.
    13. Paint on the side of your car, "USS Enterprise NCC-1701"

    :LOL

  2. #2
    A Meat Loaf Aday... ClosetNerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northern NY
    Posts
    2,946
    I'd like to add: Blatently dropping your jaw, bugging your eyes, etc/ and making comments about girls who are CLEARLY underage. :nono

    The only thing you are allowed to say about girls that young is "That's just wrong. Little girl needs to go home and put more clothes on." Ok, now say it with me guys...
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

  3. #3
    Culture slut geek the girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    The deep, dark woods
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by SeekingZen View Post
    I have seen guys actually do these, so I thought I’d point out some of it because I think it is funny. Have you seen guys do this, and really think it is going to work? Tell us!


    1. Convert you car into a “thumper” and drive around with your windows down (inflicting pain on everyone you pass).
    2. Call yourself a “Pimp”.
    3. Listen to music, really loud that contains the “B” word.
    4. Put playboy symbols on your car.
    5. Hang plastic testicles on the back of your truck.
    6. Get a DUI.
    7. Brag about your sexual conquests.
    8. Claim to be anything you are obviously not.
    9. Name your body parts.
    10. Say, “My BMW is in the shop. This is my brothers’ Yugo”.
    11. Brag about your IQ.
    12. Say, "Live Long and Prosper", but not at a Star Trek convention.
    13. Paint on the side of your car, "USS Enterprise NCC-1701"

    :LOL
    Let's see. I've seen/heard of guys doing the following things and actually thinking it's a chick magnet:

    1. Convert you car into a “thumper” and drive around with your windows down (inflicting pain on everyone you pass).
    2. Call yourself a “Pimp”.
    3. Listen to music, really loud that contains the “B” word.'
    7. Brag about your sexual conquests.
    8. Claim to be anything you are obviously not.
    9. Name your body parts.

    The last three things are so common that they seem to be considered proper procedure amongst clueless guys trying to score in Sweden, the U.K. and the U.S. alike. Must be a universal thing, then.

    When I have more time, I'll post things guys have done/said to me and my girlfriends over the years in the attempt of getting some. You gotta admire their guts, if not anything else.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

  4. #4
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    16
    I think this is going to be a funny thread!

    14. Walk around with your underpants showing.


    BTW: I don't have anything against Star Trek. I just think the trekkies that dress the part are funny. That sort of thing is just fine. If some guy is looking for a date, he should only expect to gain the interest of a woman whom is also a trekkie!

  5. #5
    Come Along, Pond phat32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Hi, Olivia!
    Posts
    2,312
    Quote Originally Posted by SeekingZen View Post
    13. Paint on the side of your car, "USS Enterprise NCC-1701"

    :LOL
    Yes, the problem is that the airbrush should read NCC-1701-C USS Enterprise. All the Trekker women know you're trying to holla at them from Yesterday's Enterprise.

    ...

    Well, okay, that doesn't work, either. *hangs head in shame*

    ...and, okay, the Enterprise's insignia doesn't look as impressive on a Camry.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but...the bad things don’t always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

  6. #6
    FORT Fogey misskitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the Kat House in Kanada
    Posts
    7,704
    Don't try this....

    - Invite me to lunch
    - Buy me lunch
    - While eating lunch, hold my hand at the table,
    - Look deep into my eyes, and say ...
    - You make me forget about my wife !

    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

  7. #7
    Retired! hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    in a good place
    Posts
    27,046
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32 View Post
    Yes, the problem is that the airbrush should read NCC-1701-C USS Enterprise. All the Trekker women know you're trying to holla at them from Yesterday's Enterprise.
    One of my favorite temporal rift episodes. But I'd prefer to stay on Enterprise D and live to fight another day.

    Some of us think Star Trek nerds are cool, be they male or female.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

  8. #8
    Staying Afloat speedbump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    New England
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,952
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Don't try this....

    - Invite me to lunch
    i'm a bit puzzled. what could be remotely offensive, rude or distracting about asking someone to lunch?
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

  9. #9
    Rude and Abrasive Texicana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    in the kitchen, darling!
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,842
    I like Star Trek Next Gen best, but you can't deny the hoky campy charm of Shatner.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

  10. #10
    Obama '08! Callie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,028
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    i'm a bit puzzled. what could be remotely offensive, rude or distracting about asking someone to lunch?
    I think she was saying.. don't invite me to lunch AND THEN proceed to say you're better than my wife.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.