+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Guys, How NOT to get a date!

Oh Pickles!!! At least you've found out now rather than later that he's a first class LOSER!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

Quote Originally Posted by Mellon View Post
    Oh Pickles!!! At least you've found out now rather than later that he's a first class LOSER!
    No kidding! Either way its all taken care of.
    I had to tell one of my close guy friends about this, and ask him "if you met a girl and you really liked her, and you went away for a guys weekend, would you call her and text her all weekend" He of course said heck no. I just wanted to make sure I hadnt missed something where suddenly thats what people did.
    One time I rocked so hard it killed a man

The difficulties in life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    He has proceeded to tell me that I am not gf material and that all I do want is an eff buddy. After hanging out with me for 3 hours and speaking to me through texts Im so glad he knows me so well.
    Oh dear lord. He sounds psycho. Be careful pickles, just in case he's a vindictive little pr**k (rhymes with stick). Friends with benefits...as if! And even if you did want that, why would you pick him, since he's not friend worthy, much less boy friend worthy...

I personally hate people who bother me when I'm working and then get angry when I don't return calls/emails etc. HEY, wait till I get home at least.

Im done with this boy. Not man, boy.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder View Post
    For me, the best way to NOT get a date is to be myself
    Newf, then you dont' want to date them anyway. Both me and my best friend have always said that a sense of humor is one of the most important things to have and yours is pretty darn good, so I'd think they'd be lining up to date you.

I'd rather date a guy with a killer sense of humor than a humorless schmuck and that's what I did and I"ve been married to him for almost 18 years (the killer sense of humor, he's not a humorless schmuck. )

----------------------------------------------------
    A friend of mine recently went through a dating service and "met" this guy. They have called and text messaged for quite a while before meeting. A LOT of messaging. She thought they were really hitting it off until they met face to face. She said it was like a 45 min. job interview when they finally met and he said: I don't think this is going to work. She was mystified as they had been getting along fairly well on the phone and texting. I guess now some people have no interpersonal skills anymore as they are tied to their cell phones instead. She said it was like he couldn't talk to her in person, he needed his phone to do it.
    Last edited by MRD; 08-21-2006 at 03:37 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Premium Member
    Pickles - is there any way you can block your phone so this moron can't reach you? Of course, maybe now that he's decided you are not "gf material" he will leave you alone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    Pickles - is there any way you can block your phone so this moron can't reach you? Of course, maybe now that he's decided you are not "gf material" he will leave you alone now.
    My # will be changing soon so Ill be safe. Also, it was funny that after he told me i wasnt gf material, he sent me a text telling me he wanted to do whatever it took to make it work.
    WEIRDO

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder View Post
    For me, the best way to NOT get a date is to be myself
    Newf: I find that very hard to believe. I would go out with you, you know, if I didn't have a sweetie, and lived in another country

pickles: stay away from that guy and stay safe!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Pickles...ewww If he's showing obvious signs of aggressive controlling behavior just after a three hour hang out.... it's pretty scary to think what he is really capable of doing.......stay clear girl........once these guys get a grip, their grip usually just tightens.......the red flag is up and waving...

good thing he showed his true colors right off the bat....
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Newf: I find that very hard to believe. I would go out with you, you know, if I didn't have a sweetie, and lived in another country
    Yeah, it's easy to talk . . .

I'm not trying to turn this into Relationships II, my original remark was meant to be a one-liner.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    Newf, then you dont' want to date them anyway. Both me and my best friend have always said that a sense of humor is one of the most important things to have and yours is pretty darn good, so I'd think they'd be lining up to date you.
    The only time women lined up for me was when I had a slapping booth at the County Fair.

Women with small children come up to me all the time. The women point at me, and say, "See, this is what happens when you don't eat your vegetables " Dozens of kids have turned vegetarian right there on the spot. I also have a thriving business of renting myself out for porch displays at Halloween.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast