+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Guys, How NOT to get a date!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I was parking my car at the store and this guy walks past and licked his lips at me. Not in a "my lips are chapped" kind of way, but in a "I might be a pervert and I probably have dirty pictures on my home computer" kind of way.

I've gained about 25lbs since I quit smoking and haven't lost any of it yet. Needless to say I'm a little self conscious about it... I wouldn't normally smile at this, but it gave me a boost as I was walking through a mall parking lot the other day (and was the only female walking there at the time) and a guy lowered his shades and went "Damn, she's hot!" as I walked past. It usually makes me shudder, but this time did give me a boost.

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

You know Mellon, extra pounds DO tend to put on extra curves And a lot of men like that!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

For me, the best way to NOT get a date is to be myself
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Along with playboy bunny decal, peeing boy decal..and what really makes me wonder about what's in the head of the guy driving is the naked sillouette girl decal....yeah, a girl would be proud to ride in that pick up truck
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Met a guy on Tuesday, gave him my number, he texted me all day for the next couple days....he was supposed to go away for a guys weekend, and proceeded to call me/text me the entire weekend he was gone. We hung out ONCE.
    One time I rocked so hard it killed a man

The difficulties in life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

Pickles-

It's coincidental but that guy sounds exactly like a co-worker of mine. He'll text message a girl 50-60 times a day (that's being conservative on the amount). He got mad one day when he only got one message. I had to explain to him that not everyone lives and dies by text messaging. Needless to say, he's a good guy but when he goes overboard, it turns the girl off.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    Pickles-

It's coincidental but that guy sounds exactly like a co-worker of mine. He'll text message a girl 50-60 times a day (that's being conservative on the amount). He got mad one day when he only got one message. I had to explain to him that not everyone lives and dies by text messaging. Needless to say, he's a good guy but when he goes overboard, it turns the girl off.
    Im all for text messaging, thats totally fine. But, I dont need to have all day conversations through them. Even when I didnt answer him, hed text me. What really got me was he was going away for a guys weekend, and kept texting me and calling me. He asked me Sat night what I was doing, I said I was out with a guy friend at a bar, and he proceeded to get snarky (yes even over texting) .
    He also sent me an email this morning asking me why Im being so mean (cause i havent answered him)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    pickles, doesn't he have a job (or classes) or something? I'm all for staying in touch but this guy sounds like he's suffocating you with text messages etc. A long time ago, I was about to go on a blind date with this one guy and had mentioned that I was casually seeing other people (which is what I tended to do until I found the guy I wanted to date exclusively). This would just mean movies or a bite to eat--NOTHING serious like sleepovers or anything. I mentioned in one conversation that I was catching up with a friend (who happened to be a guy) at a restaurant and he wanted to know where and at what time so he could show up. Obviously, I didn't tell him--and he was joking at this time, but I got a weird vibe. This weirdo ended up canceling our date a couple hours before we were scheduled to meet 'cause he had worked himself into a dither about my "cheating" on him. I thanked my lucky stars I found out sooner rather than later 'cause can you imagine what he would've been like as a "boyfriend"? (Why are you talking to the bag boy? Stop flirting with the mail man!) I got a lot of drunken calls from him afterwards and then my brother had a talk with him and told him to stop ... or else. I had a talk with my friend who had set us up and told him to NEVER EVER set this guy up with any more of his female friends.
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 08-21-2006 at 02:01 PM.

Lois Lane, yeah he does! So do I, which is why I am not able to answer texts all the time (aside from not wanting to). He asked me on Saturday (while he was away for his guys weekend keep in mind) how many guys I was juggling....I responded that I wasnt "with" anyone, and wasnt in any big hurry to be...and that I certainly didnt want just a friends with benefits relationship (he asked). He has proceeded to tell me that I am not gf material and that all I do want is an eff buddy.
    After hanging out with me for 3 hours and speaking to me through texts Im so glad he knows me so well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast