+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Guys, How NOT to get a date!

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    I had to do a double take as I was driving in rush hour traffic at my first sighting of the truck testes...the truck was a 4 x 4 jacked up version and also had bull horns on the hood so I guess the rear garnishment was fitting. Sad.

Anyway, some other things NOT to do to get a date....

-wear cologne that precedes you or lingers in the room after you exit
    -talk about how bad your ex was or refer to her as a b****
    -"poor me poor me poor me"....
    -talk about how much its everyone else's problem that you haven't found a date, that it couldn't possibly be your fault

A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by phat32 View Post
    Yes, the problem is that the airbrush should read NCC-1701-C USS Enterprise. All the Trekker women know you're trying to holla at them from Yesterday's Enterprise.
    Phat, that is almost turning me on.

Actually I like the Trekker guys much better then the Biker guys or the BMW guys. Luckily in my 40's I don't need to deal with the hiphop nonsense.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp View Post

Actually I like the Trekker guys much better then the Biker guys or the BMW guys. Luckily in my 40's I don't need to deal with the hiphop nonsense.

I don't have a problem with Trekkies at all. In fact, people who are passionate about their hobbies is a turn-on for me. But then again, I tend to be quite geeky about my interests too...
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Yep, I'd much rather go out with a Trekker than someone who defines himself by his ridiculously overpriced car or his Armani suit or his Gold's Gym membership . Someone with interests outside of image are always a better bet as a companion.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Add this one to my list - if you rollerblade, I'm not the one for you. If you don't mind holding me up, and hearing me shriek at the top of my lungs while trying to stop on rollerblades, then maybe I'm the one for you, but it just doesn't sound like fun to me. Give me ice skates any day - at least I know how to stop on those!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Don't try this....

- Invite me to lunch
    - Buy me lunch
    - While eating lunch, hold my hand at the table,
    - Look deep into my eyes, and say ...
    - You make me forget about my wife !

I had a guy put his arms around me, then hit on me while wearing his wedding band.

MRD
    I knew this guy years ago that was drop dead gorgeous. His sister was my friend. He looked like the young Rob Lowe and the young (and uncrazy) Tom Cruise rolled into one. He did some modeling he was so gorgeous.

He would walk up behind girls in a bar and say:

"hey beautiful, give me some of that P****, I know you brought it with you."

You'd think he'd get a face slap, but they'd turn around and look at him and just melt into his arms. I used to think, that is the RUDEST pickup line I've ever heard, but it worked for him. Now I still think he's an idiot. But had he used it on me back then, I probably would have fallen for it too. He was THAT gorgeous.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Wow, myrosie, he would have had to have been something for that line to work.

Worse pickup line every used on me was a in college a drunken guy came staggering up and said "I'm so drunk even you look good so lets do it before I sober up".

What was sort of sad was a few years later ran into that same guy at a alumni party and he kept insisting he had asked me out and I turned him down and that had always disappointed him. I had to take him aside and tell him what he said, and then he insisited I misunderstood him. Whatever.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

The worst pick up line I have ever got was 'Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk past again'. I feel like telling them to go away from me.
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp View Post
    Wow, myrosie, he would have had to have been something for that line to work.

Worse pickup line every used on me was a in college a drunken guy came staggering up and said "I'm so drunk even you look good so lets do it before I sober up".

What was sort of sad was a few years later ran into that same guy at a alumni party and he kept insisting he had asked me out and I turned him down and that had always disappointed him. I had to take him aside and tell him what he said, and then he insisited I misunderstood him. Whatever.
    OH MY GOD! What a horrible line! And then later he doesn't believe he said it. UGH, I would have told him that drunk or sober there was NO way I would have ever gone out with HIM or been in the same room with him. UGGH and double UGH.

yeah, that guy was THAT good looking. I can still see him now althought today he'd be over 40. Probably still gorgeous tho. Guys like that never look bad. It was amazing that it would work for him, but it did. He was one of those rare guys that had talent, looks, charm and just enough cocky attitude not to be offputting. Should have gone to Hollywood instead of back to college.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast