+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Easter

Dux... 6:54 am here, and that was after letting them stay up till 10:30 pm last night.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

The Girl With FORT-itude saltyj's Avatar
    Happy Easter everyone! And finally, after forty days, I can say...

ALLELUIA!
    Viva La Vie Boheme!

what did you give up for Lent saltyj? If it's not too personal to ask.

AJ! 6:54?? 6am lildago?? I wonder if we can convince the girls to have a nap today?? LOL just so we can too.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I have a house full of company so no naps for me. I plan to stay awake and sane with a combination of coffee, tylenol, and chocolate bunnies.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    so... what time did your kids have you up this morning?? My first wake up call was 4am... sent her back to bed, 5:20 back to bed again, 7 am we got up to end the torture. I am going to sleep like a baby tonight
    I can remember me and my brother doing that to my parents for Easter and for Christmas. Bless their hearts!

My son is 13 so he doesn't believe (but he goes along with it for my sake!). He spent the night with his grandmother so his basket is waiting on him in his room. I didn't do candy cause he's like his mom...doesn't really like chocolate! In his basket is Queen greatest hits CD (thanks to AI), new King Kong movie, a yellow Hummer matchbox car (his dream car!), fruit roll ups, Axe showergel and a sponge to go with it and a tiny Spongebob chocolate. I was gonna buy him "Fun with Dick and Jane" movie with Jim Carrey but he went and bought that himself Friday (saved me $15!!). Its hard to buy stuff for an older kid without spending a small fortune cause all they want is $50 video games and such (or at least mine does...and notice he didn't get any!)
    Last edited by bbnbama; 04-16-2006 at 12:17 PM.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    Its hard to buy stuff for an older kid without spending a small fortune cause all they want is $50 video games and such (or at least mine does...and notice he didn't get any!)
    Tell me about it. My 15 year old got the new Harry Potter movie she wanted. A small stuffed bunny because its tradition and she'd have been disappointed NOT to have one. She got peeps, Reeseter Eggs, nail polish and some costume jewelry and hair stuff I got at the Dollar store.

But at least we got to sleep until 9:30.

We had a GREAT afternoon. My brother was floored we brought him the car. He couldn't believe it and then we went to a beautiful riverfront park to eat. Just gorgeous, couldn't have asked for a prettier day. And he ate and ate and ate and I loved to see that. I know how much he likes food and he can't afford to eat well, so he really enjoyed the ham. A LOT. And the cupcakes and the potato salad and the Deviled eggs. It just made me feel good to see him enjoy himself and to see him like a kid at Christmas with the car.
    And now, I have one less car. We have a pickup truck to sell and a 1986 mustang (my husband can bring home more CRAP). And we ended up with 5 cars, one of which doesn't run (but he's going to fix it. one day. In the future, when pigs fly). So hopefully soon we will be down to his work truck and my car and that's it! The car we gave my brother was my mom's car I got when she died. I drove it for 5 years and we were going to sell it, but found out we couldn't get anything worthwhile out of it and I knew my brother needed a vehicle, so I gave it to him.

And we stopped at Cracker Barrell on the way home and I took advantage of the 50% off Easter sale and got the cutest Easter chicks salt and pepper shaker for $3.

So it was a very nice day.
    Hope everyone elses was too
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Happy easter, all. My daughter got spoiled rotten. My mom doesn't like to buy candy for her so she hid eggs with money in them. Plus she got a $5 bill in a card. My daughter was in heaven. We grilled burgers and watched Dreamer and Chicken Little. Dreamer was great and I would recommend it. Chicken Little was a baaaaaad movie.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Happy Easter all!!

I hate growing up. I'm currently visiting my mom right now, and since my 24th birthday was Wednesday, she said I'm too old for an Easter basket

Happy Easter everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    AJ! 6:54?? 6am lildago?? I wonder if we can convince the girls to have a nap today?? LOL just so we can too.
    We went to the movies this afternoon and my little guy was asleep in the stroller. My mom had her eye on Lily so I slept through most of the movie.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast