+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Easter Plans anyone???

MRD

Easter Plans anyone???

So Easter is almost here. I love this holiday and even put up an Easter tree. It is a bare branch that has eggs and chicks and bunnies and other spring like stuff on it.

I LOVE plastic eggs and I have them all over the house in bowls and in plants and other places.

We still dye eggs too and my daughter will still get an Easter basket even tho she is 15 and knows we are the Easter Bunny.

We are going to visit my brother on Sun and have a picnic, with ham, potato salad, deviled eggs, cupcakes, etc.
    We are taking him my mom's car that I've driven for 5 years. It's 10 years old and has 130,000 miles on it, but he is without and we can't get much for it and I know he needs one. He is on disability so buying a car will be impossible. He doesn't know we are bringing it so it will be a huge surprise for him and it will get it out of my driveway.

We have 5 cars right now and only 2 1/2 drivers. Where did they all come from? Well dh has a company vehicle, so he's selling his former work truck, but its still here. He dragged home a 1985 convertible mustang about 2 years ago and was going to work on it, but hasn't, so that is going because I'm tired of it in my side yard. He is famous for doing that. Had 2 different boats that we had for 2 years that never saw water as they just needed "a little work" and we have my mom's car and my new one. So mom's car which is only worth a few hundred dollars is going to brother, and hopefully the other 2 will be gone soon.

So that is my EAster present, getting rid of a car.

And that is the plan for Easter.

I miss the days when I used to take my daughter to easter egg hunts and dress her up in fancy Easter Dresses.

This is one of my favorite times of the year.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

If I can find one, I'll roast a leg of lamb. Otherwise, it's just another Sunday for a cranky agnostic, made all the crankier by having to knuckle down and do taxes this weekend.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder View Post
    If I can find one, I'll roast a leg of lamb. Otherwise, it's just another Sunday for a cranky agnostic, made all the crankier by having to knuckle down and do taxes this weekend.
    I have the most excellant marinade for grilled leg of lamb that you then and use fresh rosemary branches soaked in water on the fire to create this wonderful rosemary smoke that infuses the lamb as its cooking. Oh my, my mouth is watering. We usually do it on Easter, but this year we are going to my brothers and he has no room to BBQ.

Let me know if you want the recipe and I will post it in the recipe thread

It sounds great, but I don't do much grilling. Thanks for the offer!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    I am going to rent movies like I do every weekend and stay home and hide. I don't go to church (I am a heathen) don't have a phone and the kids will ba at their dad's. I might have a bonfire with the neighbors or go on a bike ride with Jafo in the state park if it doesn't rain but I am not doing anything great. Hiding from everyone.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by JAFO'S PRINCESS View Post
    Hiding from everyone.
    Are you going to dye yourself pink and make everyone search for you like an Easter egg???

After church we will go to my moms. She usually hides eggs and goodies all around her yard. Sarah is the only grandchild so she gets spoiled.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Am going to stay in and clean the apt enjoy Mona & Joey, put some Dean Martin DVDs in and chill....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I have a few hundred of my closest friends over for breakfast and dinner. I have to work at the restaurant..

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    After church we will go to my moms. She usually hides eggs and goodies all around her yard. Sarah is the only grandchild so she gets spoiled.
    Forgot the most important part...we are going to grill burgers and portbello mushrooms. My mom marinates the mushrooms in italian dressing, wraps them in foil and grills them. Yum.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast