+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Easter Plans anyone???

I remember Easter as kid being quite the festive occasion. We always got new shoes it seemed. We didn't have much growing up so it was a big deal to us kids. I remember we would get a new Easter outfit which would become our Sunday church clothes for the next year. We would attend sunrise service, go out to eat breakfast, an then have an Easter dinner in the afternoon. Sometimes we would go to my grandmother's house. Those were the days.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    My son is 14 so he has outgrown the coloring of Easter Eggs, which always makes me quite sad He hasn't, of course, outgrown an Easter basket!

I am thinking about taking my mom and my son out for Easter brunch though.......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Re: Easter Plans anyone???

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2317571;
    I remember Easter as kid being quite the festive occasion. We always got new shoes it seemed. We didn't have much growing up so it was a big deal to us kids. I remember we would get a new Easter outfit which would become our Sunday church clothes for the next year. We would attend sunrise service, go out to eat breakfast, an then have an Easter dinner in the afternoon. Sometimes we would go to my grandmother's house. Those were the days.
    We got new outfits, too. And hats for the girls. With elastic that went under the chin and dug in. And patent leather shoes that we weren't allowed to wear to Catholic school.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

My twin sinister and I took my Mom and Dad out for lunch today. Just simple lunch but I think they really enjoyed getting out.

This is our first Easter without Baba. I miss her.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2318794;
    My twin sinister and I took my Mom and Dad out for lunch today. Just simple lunch but I think they really enjoyed getting out.

This is our first Easter without Baba. I miss her.
    I completely forgot what I had done last Easter til I came in this thread! It's raining and sleeting here today so it'll be a wintery Easter Sunday. We don't do anything special - just another weekend for us. But at least we are together! Mike and I had our 5 year anniversary this week (April 5th) and his birthday is the 11th.

We colored eggs this afternoon. Tomorrow the kids will get up to lots of candy. I have it on high authority that Veggie Tales will be in the baby's basket, and hamsters in the older kids. Which is going to be a huge deal since we have never had a pet in the house before. The Easter bunny called to make sure it was okay. It took a lot to convince my husband. Then we'll have an egg hunt with plastic eggs filled with money (mostly quarters, but a few dollars). And then the traditional Easter dinner. Ham, a turkey breast for my non-pork eating husband, au gratin potatoes, asparagus with a creamy tomato basil sauce, deviled eggs, and fresh bread. I can't wait for dinner. I'm sick of Italian food.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Happy Easter everyone! My mom arrives from Ohio this afternoon and I'm feeling lousy. Cleaning clogs up my lungs and brings on all my allergy symptoms. I still need to run several loads of laundry, make up her bed, do some serious cooking/baking... well, that's probably as far as I'm going to get. She knows me and doesn't expect Martha Stewart.
    Count your blessings!

Happy Easter Everyone

I hope you feel better Gutmutter

I'm waiting for my daughter to exit the bathroom so I can shower and get ready to go. That's gonna be a long wait.........

We were going to my brother's house up north but, my mother called to tell us their oven is broken!! My brother has a 28 lb turkey haha - we are all getting together at some halfway point and going out to dinner which kinda stinks. I don't think we've ever gone out to dinner before.

I miss the days when my daughter was little. I gave her a basket I think up until she was 18 maybe 19. Those days are over. I have a little niece though and 2 babies I take care of and I make it up with them.

I hope everyone has a great day!!

As the only members of the extended family that do NOT live in Altoona, we will be traveling today! Five hours in a car for about three hours of visiting. It is nice to see everyone, but the trip does wear.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2318169;
    My son is 14 so he has outgrown the coloring of Easter Eggs, which always makes me quite sad He hasn't, of course, outgrown an Easter basket!

I am thinking about taking my mom and my son out for Easter brunch though.......
    We colored eggs. You'd have thought we were torturing the teenager. But I told her, no dying eggs, no Easter basket.
    I have never NOT colored eggs and I'm 44. I did it even when I was single and childless. Always one of my favorite Easter activities. And I buy 3 packages of Paas because I put 3 tablets of each color in the cup and it makes REALLY intense color on the eggs. I remember my mom used to rub the eggs with vegetable oil afterward to make them shine.

I discovered this morning why I don't wear a particular pair of shoes anymore.
    I think I had only worn them once and they've been in the box for a couple years in the closet. They hurt like the dickens. I was so miserable during the Easter church service, I am not sure what the sermon was (pretty sure it had something to do with resurrection) or what hymns we sang. They are now in my Goodwill bag, although I feel for anyone that gets them. I should put a warning sign on them.

We got up and did Easter basket, birthday (daughter is 16 today) and then hurried to church for the covered dish breakfast, the flowering of the cross and services.
    Now we are trying to decide just what in the heck the 16 year old wants to do the rest of the day. We were going to picnic, but its too cold.
    Personally the 44 year old wants a nap, but by golly, its HER birthday and we have to do SOMETHING. Cupcakes at 7:30 a.m. weren't enough???
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast