+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Easter Plans anyone???

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    We're going to my grandmother's house. (everyone brings something so my grandma doesn't have to cook) Then we will be off to the in-laws
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

We went to my mom's to take her my old refrigerator after we bought a new one. My sis and her hubby met us here this morning and we drove together there and back. Had a little trouble stabilizing the fridge but we worked it out. We also got to see my older sis and 2 yr old nephew. He had already looked for eggs b/c they were leaving for the airport soon after we arrived. We had a pretty good time.

Oh - and we do and did the cemetary rounds as well. My grandmother died Dec 2004 and the head stone just came in last month due to our having to get the funds together (her favorite 5 grandchildren - my sibs and I) and we went to see it.

mr. sleepy and I are going out to dinner with a friend of mine, who's visiting from Australia. It's not really easter-related, but that's what's we're doing.

MRD
    I'm up but not happy about it. I am getting ready to put the ham in the oven and then make deviled eggs. We are leaving around 11 to go to my brothers. We are going to a park to eat, so the ham doesn't have to be hot, but even tho its "fully cooked", I still have to put my own touches on it and bake it. I made potato salad last night.

The basket is done. I did eat one piece of candy. A big no no. Glad I didn't get her much as I know I can't have this in the house.

Now to wait for her to get up at the crack of 10:30 to see the basket.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by marybethp View Post
    I called my grandmother Baba too. She was born in Austria, but raised in what was Czechoslovakia.

I am dying eggs tomorrow with my daughter and Sunday we are going to sunrise service (if my 3 month old's schedule allows - if not, then 10:00). Then brunch at my sister's house and I'm cooking a ham dinner. Yum

I'm all geeked because I bought matching dresses for my girls. I never thought I'd have a second child, so it's totally making my day Here it is (and dang it, it's 1/2 price now!) http://www.childrensplace.com/www/b/TCP/images/styles/425381_l.jpg
    Hey, Marybethp, in our online paper today Easter Sunday-if you reference it on another day, go to the photo gallery on that page and you should be able to see it there) there's a little girl at an Easter Egg hunt wearing that same dress.

Here's the link. Too cute and I bet your girls look darling in them too.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    We had planned to go out to eat but at the last minute decided to stay home. I went to two stores and both were out of hams. So, we're going to throw some pork chops on the grill...and a few hot dogs for the kids. It's a little non-traditional for me but it's just us and my mom this year.

I just finished playing Easter Bunny and putting baskets together. I think for every piece of candy I put in, I ate two. I'm on sugar overload right now!

I like the pork chops idea and the overloading on candy.... I'm going to the store, bye!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    I like the pork chops idea and the overloading on candy.... I'm going to the store, bye!

How about chocolate covered pork chops!

I can't believe it's Easter time already! A year sure goes by fast.

This year, I'm missing my Baba. It's our first Easter without her. My sweetie has to work Easter Sunday. No-one in my family is biting at my "wanna do something for Easter?" question. So I just might make a nice supper for me and my kitties. Or make a ham sandwich. And wear my bunny ears. How sad is that

What's everyone doing?

Happy Easter to all my Ukrainian Forters!
    щасливого Великодня - schaslyvoho Velykodnia
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

My husband has to work on Sunday also. My son and I will go to church in the morning, home in the afternoon, then dinner at my SIL house.

How about everyone else?

MRD
    My daughter's 16th birthday is on Easter, so after church, we are packing a really great picnic and heading out to the beautiful park and waterfall in downtown Greenville and enjoying the spring flowers and weather.
    She wants to know if she still gets an Easter basket because its her birthday. I keep saying its up to the Easter Bunny which just elicites groans from her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast