+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Easter Plans anyone???

What a lovely dress, marybethp. I'd like one for myself please! I'm adding on going for a couple walks in the ravine, and hopefully seeing the World's Hottest Commercials which I just found out is playing now.

*Check out the Did You Know thread about the World's Largest Easter Egg! And amaze your guests at dinner on Sunday!* I'd hate to think how BIG an Easter Bunny was needed to deliver that egg!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Cute dress marybeth!

We will decorate our eggs on Saturday and have an egg hunt on Sunday. It may have to be an indoor hunt due to the rain. I'll be cooking a Black Forest ham and roasting some veggies for Easter dinner.

Hope you all have a nice weekend!

Ooh, I want that dress for myself, marybethp

My brother-in-law and his girlfriend are visiting, and we'll be preparing a good old Easter dinner with plenty to eat and drink. My brother and his roommate will be joining us, too, and I look forward to a fun day of eating, drinking, relaxing and watching a movie or two.

Right, I'm off preparing our little feast. I never knew being a hostess involved so much work! I quite like it, though. Happy Easter everyone!
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Tomorrow we might be going to a China Buffet and the rest of the time I'm gonna watch basketball and write papers.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by dahoney7 View Post
    Tomorrow we might be going to a China Buffet and the rest of the time I'm gonna watch basketball and write papers.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Anytime I hear of anyone going to eat Chinese on a holiday, I am reminded of the scene in A Christmas STory. fra ra ra ra ra.

Sorry, its one of my favorite movies and one of my favorite scenes.

Enjoy your China Buffet.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Anytime I hear of anyone going to eat Chinese on a holiday, I am reminded of the scene in A Christmas STory. fra ra ra ra ra.
    Here's a bit of relevant trivia:
    In the book (Wanda Hickey's Night of Golden Memories and Other Disasters, Jean Shepherd, 1971) it was the Easter ham, not the Christmas turkey, that was destroyed by the Bumpus hounds.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    I have a few hundred of my closest friends over for breakfast and dinner. I have to work at the restaurant.
    I hear ya Unk! I have a few hundred coming to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner with me since I'm putting in a double shift tomorrow. (both bakery and deli combined for the day too so I'll cover all the food needs)

My best friend and I do exchange Easter baskets each year though, which we did today. His was a total kid basket (despite the fact that he's far from being a kid) with stuffed animals, candy, beach towel, a rubber duckie, and tons of bath stuff. Mine has all the goodies that keep me alive...Diet Rockstar, Luna bars, sugar free gum galore, and Excedrin migrane plus all sorts of treats for my cats and a framed picture of his "kids" (2 gorgeous Ragdoll cats).

We're having Easter lunch with my mother's side of the family. It'll be nice.

We had planned to go out to eat but at the last minute decided to stay home. I went to two stores and both were out of hams. So, we're going to throw some pork chops on the grill...and a few hot dogs for the kids. It's a little non-traditional for me but it's just us and my mom this year.

I just finished playing Easter Bunny and putting baskets together. I think for every piece of candy I put in, I ate two. I'm on sugar overload right now!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

We're going to mom's for Easter. All my brothers and their families (except my youngest brother) will be there. Mom and Dad are going to church so I'm elected to do the cooking for 20+ people. None of our kids are little anymore so we won't be hiding eggs, but just wait til next year!

Happy Easter everyone.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast