+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Easter Plans anyone???

Well, I'm going to see my Baba at the nursing home for a little visit. Probably twice: Good Friday and Easter Monday. And a small supper on Sat. at my Aunt and Uncles with my cousin. My immediate family is doing nothing. Unless, of course, I plan something. Which this year I decided not to.

The kitties will get a special little Easter treat of some ham. And I may send silly Easter e-mail cards to friends far from home. That's about it. My sweetie has to work the weekend so I won't see him.

Happy Easter to all my Ukrainian Forters!
    щасливого Великодня - schaslyvoho Velykodnia
    Last edited by misskitty; 04-14-2006 at 12:32 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I'll be studying. I have four papers due on Monday and Tuesday and I have an exam as well. I figure if I don't sleep, I'll be fine

Maybe I'll buy a little chocolate egg to sneak it into the library. I hope everyone else has a relaxing day.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Just being in the Easter play that I am in....enjoying the last few performances and the all night cast party when it is done
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    So Easter is almost here. I love this holiday and even put up an Easter tree. It is a bare branch that has eggs and chicks and bunnies and other spring like stuff on it.

I LOVE plastic eggs and I have them all over the house in bowls and in plants and other places.

We still dye eggs too and my daughter will still get an Easter basket even tho she is 15 and knows we are the Easter Bunny.

We are going to visit my brother on Sun and have a picnic, with ham, potato salad, deviled eggs, cupcakes, etc.
    We are taking him my mom's car that I've driven for 5 years. It's 10 years old and has 130,000 miles on it, but he is without and we can't get much for it and I know he needs one. He is on disability so buying a car will be impossible. He doesn't know we are bringing it so it will be a huge surprise for him and it will get it out of my driveway.

We have 5 cars right now and only 2 1/2 drivers. Where did they all come from? Well dh has a company vehicle, so he's selling his former work truck, but its still here. He dragged home a 1985 convertible mustang about 2 years ago and was going to work on it, but hasn't, so that is going because I'm tired of it in my side yard. He is famous for doing that. Had 2 different boats that we had for 2 years that never saw water as they just needed "a little work" and we have my mom's car and my new one. So mom's car which is only worth a few hundred dollars is going to brother, and hopefully the other 2 will be gone soon.

So that is my EAster present, getting rid of a car.

And that is the plan for Easter.

I miss the days when I used to take my daughter to easter egg hunts and dress her up in fancy Easter Dresses.

This is one of my favorite times of the year.
    ....YOU'RE the Easter Bunny???? How do you get around to all the houses??????
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    Rosie- Too funny. I forgot that Sun I will be at the laundromat. Yeehaw. Nothing else comes to mind so there are my great plans.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    ....YOU'RE the Easter Bunny???? How do you get around to all the houses??????

I'm not telling. It would be giving away professional secrets.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    Just being in the Easter play that I am in....enjoying the last few performances and the all night cast party when it is done
    Is this a religious EAster play because "all night cast party" and religious play don't sound like they go together.

We had an assoc. pastor that was in an Easter play when he was in seminary. A BIG huge Easter passion play. His big part was to lead a camel in and just stand there and be part of the crowd and hold the camel. Well, while waiting to go on, the camel somehow got loose and he and about 30 other people had to chase the stupid thing through the parking lot and all over. He was NOT asked back the next year to participate
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Well, I'm going to see my Baba at the nursing home for a little visit.
    I called my grandmother Baba too. She was born in Austria, but raised in what was Czechoslovakia.

I am dying eggs tomorrow with my daughter and Sunday we are going to sunrise service (if my 3 month old's schedule allows - if not, then 10:00). Then brunch at my sister's house and I'm cooking a ham dinner. Yum

I'm all geeked because I bought matching dresses for my girls. I never thought I'd have a second child, so it's totally making my day Here it is (and dang it, it's 1/2 price now!)
    Last edited by marybethp; 04-14-2006 at 09:00 PM.

Premium Member
    That's a really cute dress marybethp.

We don't have any plans, I'll go to church at 7 am but the rest of the day is free. I was thinking of cooking a nice dinner but my son just had his wisdom teeth pulled yesterday so I'll probably just make a big pan of mac & cheese.

I'm gonna go to the Cards/Reds game in the afternoon and then head off too my families house for dinner and I'm sure I'll be hiding eggs for a couple hours or so. I'm looking forward to it.
    Adversity reveals genius. -Horace

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast