+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello Kitty Birthday

MRD

Hello Kitty Birthday

My 15 year old is having a hello kitty birthday this Sat. We just bought the cutest plates and decorations and she got a Hello Kitty Tiara to wear (she's 15, not 5, but hey!)
    She is having 6 girls spend the night and we are taking them all to the matinee on Sat. and then back home for pizza and a hello kitty cake I am going to attempt to make and then they will stay up half the night. We even got Hello Kitty Bingo at the party store!

I just blew up Hello Kitty's face to HUGE size and I'm going to make a 9 x 13 cake and put the copy on it and cut around it with a knife, then ice with white icing and use licorace and fruit rollups to decorate it with. Should be easy right?

This was supposed to be a low key birthday because she had a big party last year and will have a sweet 16 next year, but because we are moving in the summer, this is her last birthday with her friends here, so we relented.

Anyone have any other hello kitty ideas for us????

Thanks
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That sounds like a ton of fun, myrosiedog. As you can guess, I'm a big fan of Hello Kitty. I'm sure she'd be proud of you for the ideas you already have.

The only thing I can think of is if they have little HK tatoos the girls can put on their wrists or something that will last a few days after the party. Kinda like getting it stamped at a club, like the big girls do. We don't have HK stores up here, so I only see what's available on their site sometimes.

Maybe for the night, your daughter and her friends can each choose a kitty name that they must use during the party. So they can't use their regular names. I don't know if the girls are too old for that kind of thing or not.

Oh, and maybe a little bow, different colors, that they have to wear in their hair above their left ear, just like Hello Kitty!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

If they are into getting all dolled up I would suggest making a hello kitty bag or jar for each of the girls with "spa" type goodies...nail polish, emery boards, lotions, cremes, whatever they need to do some pedicures or manicures. My nieces always loved to do that sort of thing as teens.

Sounds like a fun party!

What a cute idea for a party. How did Hello Kitty get so popular again? Or My Little Ponys for that matter. All that stuff seems to be making such a comeback in recent years.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

MRD
    Great ideas all.

We did the spa thing last year when her theme was rubber ducks. Now that was a CUTE party! It was a swim party and we filled the pool with rubber ducks and had all duck decor and she got her bathroom redecorated in ducky stuff from Walmart (too cute) and then each girl got a spa bag with bubble bath, lotion, pedicure stuff and a rubber ducky. We had a ducky pinata filled with lip gloss, nail polish, emery boards, candy, etc.
    If I can figure out how to post pictures, I'll do one of the cake my husband and I made. It was one of the best cakes I've ever made. And I don't do great cakes. My talents lie elsewhere usually.

This year we are not doing goody bags as we are paying for a movie and concession junk for all the girls, so that is their "goodie". Then home for pizza, more junk and staying up all night. She has x-box and that Dance thing you do on the mat for it, so they all like to do that. But I couldn't think of anything else.

I like the bow idea tho. I think I will go to Walmart or the Dollar Tree tomorrow (I have to go anyway as I have to start getting Easter basket stuff). When do they get too old for an Easter Basket????

She's already started the process for her learner's permit to drive. She passed the first test and then she can take the DMV test when the certificate comes from the safety test she took online. So in about 2 weeks, my "baby" is going to be driving. I never cried when she went to kindergarten, but this is making me sad.

My husband keeps muttering: 3 more years, 3 more years. (I think he is looking forward to college, but maybe not the cost of it! )

Yeah, its funny how care bears and strawberry shortcake are all back too. In fact, the Hello Kitty stuff was next to the Strawberry Shortcake stuff at the party store. But they didn't have the tattoos. They had bubble necklaces tho. I always liked those. We don't have a HK store here either Miss Kitty. And I knew you'd have to answer on this thread. I've been thinking of you all day as we bought stuff. (she already has a HK wallet and purse and wants some of the other stuff that Target sells. She got HK Christmas ornaments last year too)

Believe it or not, I don't really own any HK stuff. I'm just too old. Just a pair of pyjamas to wander the house in. But here's a few things that I'd really love to have. A little expensive for gift bags though .
    Attachment 16873Attachment 16874Attachment 16875

These are designed by Kimora Lee Simmons are are real diamonds! Very nice. Very nice.
    Last edited by misskitty; 06-20-2006 at 05:24 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    This sounds like fun! They make a "Hello Kitty" autograph pillow that each of the girls can sign and can be kept by your daughter as a memento.

Wow, "Care Bears" and "Strawberry Shortcake" are making a comeback? I'm smellin' a cute theme for her 16th and 17th birthday parties.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Believe it or not, I don't really own any HK stuff. I'm just too old. Just a pair of pyjamas to wander the house in. But here's a few things that I'd really love to have. A little expensive for gift bags though .
    Attachment 16873Attachment 16874Attachment 16875

These are designed by Kimora Lee Simmons are are real diamonds! Very nice. Very nice.

WOW! Very nice. I will NOT show these to my daughter.
    However, I have to say that we unexpectedly came into $1000 yesterday (that black cloud has left I hope), so we bought her a laptop computer for $500 for her birthday. She has been wanting one and we figure this will free up the computer for the rest of us at night and its one she hopefully can have through high school and maybe college. That is all she is getting tho.

Well of course, next year on sweet sixteen she wants a huge lavish party like the ones they show on tv. Apparantly MTV or something has a show where rich kids get these AMAZING parties thrown for them. She better hope we win the lottery before then.
    We are moving out of state, so next year will be the first year in a new school, so who knows how many friends she will have.
    We had planned on having a big party here if we stayed with a DJ (I have a friend that is a DJ, so could probably get it free or reduced price, but probably won't now that we are moving.)

Yeah, who knew Care Bears, My LIttle Pony, Strawberry Shortcake and Hello Kitty would make such a comeback.

MRD
    The Hello Kitty party was a huge success. I didn't even do too badly on the cake. I'm not good with cakes usually.

Sorry they are small. I am not good with trying to post pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Hey myrosiedog...the cake looks fabulous!!! Excellent work!
    I'm sure your daughter had a blast with her friends....ahh....to be 15 again and have all that fun on your birthday!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast