+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: April Fools Stories

April Fools Stories

HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY EVERYONE!

April Fool's Day is a day for all of us to have some fun and play a few jokes on our friends or even on strangers.

Newspapers, radio stations, and even large companies have their share of fun, as well.

Here's a place to tell your best joke; either one that was played ON you, or one that you played on someone else!
    --------------------------------------------
    Cleaning the Phone Lines!
    This is one that I remember as a child. It was announced by a local radio station.

They announced that the phone company would be cleaning the dirt out of the phone lines that afternoon. They do this, it seems, by blowing air into the wires in the switching station. The problem is that the dirt comes out of the earpiece and mouthpiece of the telephone and could dirty the rugs or furniture in your house.

Consequently, the phone company asked that the good citizens please get plastic bags and put them over the handsets of the telephones to protect their belongings.

Stores reported a run on plastic bags, and the phone company made the radio station retract the original claim.

I remember asking my Mom if we should do that. She had quite a laugh. My Dad had worked for the telephone company for 30+ years. (about 15 at the time)
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Our newspaper has pictures of local flowers that are blooming now, with little 'scratch and sniff" circles on them, and it says something about a high tech printing technique...at the bottom it has a disclaimer that it's April Fool's day.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD
    We superglued quarters on a busy sidewalk and then sat back and when people tried their darndest to pick them up.

They won't pick up a penny or a dime, but they will darn sure try to pick up a quarter.

Other best joke: I worked with this wonderful woman with a terrific sense of humor. We got to work early and set up her desk in her parking space. Desk, phone, typewriter (before computers folks), stapler, file basket, floor pad for her office chair and of course the chair. We all hid out in the office kitchen because we could see the parking lot from there. She went to turn in and braked and we could see her start laughing like crazy. It was a lot of work, but definetly worth it. She thought it was hysterical too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    We superglued quarters on a busy sidewalk and then sat back and when people tried their darndest to pick them up.

They won't pick up a penny or a dime, but they will darn sure try to pick up a quarter.

Other best joke: I worked with this wonderful woman with a terrific sense of humor. We got to work early and set up her desk in her parking space. Desk, phone, typewriter (before computers folks), stapler, file basket, floor pad for her office chair and of course the chair. We all hid out in the office kitchen because we could see the parking lot from there. She went to turn in and braked and we could see her start laughing like crazy. It was a lot of work, but definetly worth it. She thought it was hysterical too.
    myrosiedog...I love both of those stories..(I pick up any change I see!!!)...tho I do work with an employee that I would love if she really would work out in the parking lot!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

This joke was not played on me or by me (I'm not that good with coming up with things like that) but it is a classic here in Sweden. It was in the early sixties when colour television did exist but was not common. The news announced that if you placed nylon stockings over the screen you'd get colour TV. Lots of people tried this apparently, what a disappointment when it didn't work out...

My ex-girlfriend was absolutely nuts about my mother's potato salad recipe (no, I will NOT share it!) and I promised to make some for a cookout that she was having on April 1st. I emailed her that morning, saying that one of my Newfs had licked all of the dressing off of the potatoes while it was cooling on the counter the night before. When I got home from work, there was a message on my answering machine in which she was scolding poor Gustav (not loud and nasty scolding; no Newfs were harmed in the playing of the message ) She was pleased when the potato salad arrived, and called to leave an apology for Gustav on the machine.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

One year a local morning show started out the show with "It's so sad to hear about Eddie Van Halen". They played nothing but Van Halen for the rest of the show. People were calling in freaking out, looking for details. It got me for a second...then I realized the date.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

My MIL called my daughters today and told them that MaryKate and Ashley were going to be at their summer camp. The girls were so excited - and then she said, April Fool's. They were kinda sad

In each of my 6 classes on Friday I reminded my students that it would be April Fools the next day then immediately pointed out to a student that their shoe was untied. Each and every one fell for it. We're talking about streetwise middle schoolers.
    Count your blessings!

I called my guy friend's mother... DEMANDING to know why he hasn't called me back, and that he's late on child support payments, and that I'm so disgusted that he is ignoring me and our baby. I also told her to tell her son to keep it in his pants from now on because now I have to go get tested to STD's.

His mom called him RIGHT after I hung up on her.. and bitched him out. Telling him "you have a child and never even told me?!?!?!?!?!"

He then proceeded to say "April Fools!!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast