+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: April Fools Stories

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    You're such a meanie, Callie. But that's EXTREMELY funny.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

One year the radio reported that our home town junior A hockey team was being sold to an American company. The was an unholy uproar ...

Two years ago the local tv news reported that as of June 1st we would be assessed a road tax based on kilometers travelled ... to say that it was unpopular was an understatement.

Two years ago the radio station sent out a plea - actually a mayoral edict, that everyone was to congregate on the front steps of city hall, shovels in hand to join city crews in filling potholes. The ruse was figured out rather quickly
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    ...that everyone was to congregate on the front steps of city hall, shovels in hand to join city crews in filling potholes.
    That's a great idea! Spring has brought us into Pothole "H-E-double hockey-stick". And it's not pretty.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

My son is running a painting business this summer (school apprenticeship program) and is doing estimates on the weekends. It was getting close to 8:00 just now when his first appointments usually start and I didn't hear him moving. I hate to wake him if he doesn't have an appointment, but would hate more for him to miss one. So I knocked on the door and asked if he had an 8:00. He said no in an angry voice, so I suddenly remembered what day it was and asked, "Then why did someone just call asking where you were?" He shot straight out of bed in panic... "April Fools!". I'd tell you his response, but I don't think that language is allowed here. Be warned people!
    Count your blessings!

You guys are so funny! I have got to try the gluing a quarter to the sidewalk trick. Gutmutter you are quick! I wouldn't have thought that fast. I can imagine what he said!

One year a friend of mine got a huge refund from the IRS. I was with her when she took it to the bank. She told me the whole story of not thinking she'd get the earned income credit and what she thought the refund was supposed to be and what it actually was. I really never thought I'd use that information against her but after watching her have so much fun spending that extra money and then April Fools came around, well I really didn't have much choice. So I had a co worker call and say she was from the IRS and they had made a mistake and that she didn't recieve the EIC so she would have to refund that money. She then told her they were going to send a messanger out the next morning to pick up the check. My friend said well I already cashed it and my co worker did a great job of answering everything. Told her that was ok she could write them a personal check. My co worker did such a great job I almost believed she worked for the IRS. We were actually in a very busy Taco Bell. So I waited about 20 minutes and called my friend to see what she was doing and the first thing out of her mouth in a totally bummed out voice was, "Oh man. The IRS called." I just started laughing right then. At first she was confused and then I said April Fools. She was mad and laughing at the same time. She was so relieved that she didn't have to refund the money she couldn't be to mad.

Years ago one radio station said a Budwieser truck had broke down and they were giving away the beer so they could empty the truck and get it fixed. When people showed up the radio station was there with donuts and coffee. Everyone took it as the joke it was meant to be and thought it was funny.

A few years ago another radio station said they were going to drop a million dollars out of a helicopter over an area of Birmingham. There were huge traffic jams and all kinds of problems as a huge crowd gathered in that area. They did NOT take it well when they were told APRIL FOOLS. I never heard any follow up stories but I know a lot of people includeing the city was threatening to sue the radio station.

HAPPY APRIL FOOL's DAY EVERYONE!

MRD
    Sorry I am late to the game. Best joke I ever pulled was we got to work early and put the supervisor's (she was a good sport with a great sense or humor or we would have NEVER done this) desk in the parking lot. We put the pad down her chair rolled on, put everything back on her desk just like it was inside, etc. Her entire desk with computer, stapler, phone, etc. as it was in the building was set up in her parking place. We watched her try to pull in and just about DIED! She thought it was hilarious. I ran into her years later and she said that was the funniest thing that ever happened to her in her life and she still thinks about it.

Also super glueing quarters on a busy sidewalk is funny. No one picks up pennies anymore, but they will try to pick up a quarter.

I also served a backwards dinner one year. I made a meatloaf and I "frosted" it with mashed potatos and used steamed squash and zucchini rounds to decorate it. I put candles in it and everything (husband's birthday is April 2nd)
    Then I made a "pizza" out of cookie dough and used candy and stuff to make the "toppings". I made it look almost exactly like a real pizza, but everything was sweet on it.
    My mom was staying with us and she and my husband thought it was hilarious. My daughter who was about 7 was royally ticked off and we still don't know why. She cried she was so upset about it.

ETA: OK, duh, I put the same post as I did last year on this thread. I guess the April Fools day joke is on me this year!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

A friend of mine told her family she had made a Campbell's chicken rice bake for dinner. When she lifted the lid off of the casserole dish, she had artfully placed chicken feet protruding from the rice. She said the looks on their faces was worth the trouble it was to find a butcher who could give her the feet.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    How about one that went bad? When I was a sophmore in High School (1972), the word spread through my class, as well as the other classes, to bring an alarm clock to school. They were to be set for 9am, and kept in our lockers, which were in the hallways of the school. The plan was to march out like it was a fire drill. The faculty freaked out, and at about 9:03, four fire trucks pulled into the parking lot. We were really in trouble.

They said it was the first time in the history of the school, that the
    entire studentbody was collectively punished. Our "May Day Festival"
    was cancelled that year, and it broke many a heart (though not mine).

Re: April Fools Stories

Bumping this thread to wish everyone a very
    HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY!

Check out the best at Top 100 April Fool's Day Hoaxes Of All Time

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast