+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What is hanging from your rearview mirror?

What is hanging from your rearview mirror?

I've always thought you can tell a lot about a person from the bumper stickers on their cars and what is hanging from their rearview mirrors. My favorite thing to do while sitting in traffic is looking at people's cars and trying to learn what they are about and what is important to them.

Take me for example, I'm a private person who doesn't make my true feelings known that often. I also like things clean and simple so I have no bumper stickers and the only thing hanging from my mirror is my parking permit.

From crosses and dice to beads and baby shoes...what is hanging from your rearview mirror?

whitecat, I'm private too...or maybe I'm just boring. I have nothing hanging from my mirror or sticking to my bumper. I will admit though, I love to read bumper stickers on other cars.

I had my graduation tassle there right after high school. I took it down because the sun was bleaching it. Then I had a lacy garter up there. It was taken down for the same reason. Besides those two things, I think the only items I've had hanging from it were parking permits.

ETA: I don't put bumper stickers on my own car, but the other day I saw someone that had made their own with orange tape and a black marker. It was very...odd.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Some flower leis that we got at a kids fair last year, my childrens ministry badge and a metal american flag with tassles. Kinda crowded.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

My son got me a stuffed red frog with a clip on the end so I have that hanging from my mirror because he gave it to me

Premium Member
    My parking hangtag for work, and a Yankee Car Jar in French Vanilla.

FORT Fogey
    The only thing hanging from my rear view mirror is a really funny-looking, nauseating photograph, but luckily it hangs there on only a part-time basis.

The weird thing is that I see it only whenever I happen to look in the rear view mirror, but not at any other time.

My husband has a bracelet our son made hanging from his mirror. He has a magnet bumper sticker advertising our kids' school. And he also has a Star Trek Academy sticker on his back window.

Translation: Nerdy but devoted parent.

No bumper stickers. (Was taught that was bad for the car. )
    Hanging from my mirror is a crystal snowflake.
    I will change it for spring to something springy - maybe a butterfly.
    I have also learned that it is illegal to have anything hanging from the rear view mirror in many states, but it is a law that is seldom enforced.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Ana Banana, I think it's only against the law if it's something that's really big and obstructs the driver's view.

Ours has a red flowery lei that has a really good scent to it. Got it at the Master Car Wash to keep it smellin' good.

No bumper stickers. I just.....don't know what the point is.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast