+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What is hanging from your rearview mirror?

Re: What is hanging from your rearview mirror?

I think what's more interesting is what's hanging on my friend's mother's reaview mirror. She has two items: a keychain of Tinky-Winky from the show Telletubies and something else I can't remember. I just kept looking at them, wondering, "Why would she put Tinky-Winky on her mirror?" I finally found the courage to ask my friend why she hung the keychain and the other thing there.

My friend said she does that to help her find her car better. There are so many cars with the common dice and cross, but her car has Tinky-Winky. So among the crowd of common cars, it's pretty easy to see which one is her's.

After learning the reason for the keychain, I couldn't help but think it was a smart idea. So I applaud my friend's mom for thinking of that idea.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

I'm real boring with the stuff in my car too. I have one of those smelly things that's shaped like a blue tree (I have no idea why it's blue) and a window cling for my grandson's baseball team. We used to have a collection of dead bees and dragonflies in the back window, but mr. gracie finally vacuumed them out last week. They were in there so long that the bees were all bleached out to white. It was kind of gross but at least it was interesting.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic

It isn't hanging from my rear-view mirror, but I have a little stuffed sheep sitting on my dashboard. I bought a SUV in North Dakota (while I was attending law school in New York), and my dad drove it out for me. We decided to go to Skeneatles and, on the way, stopped at a really cute little place that sold apple-related items, such as cookbooks, kitchen items, and apples! We each got an apple shake while there. Anyway, it was a nice little drive and that little sheep reminds me of it.

I'm tempted to get a license plate holder that says "Hogwarts Alumni" (yeah, I'm a Harry Potter dork!).

Quote Originally Posted by Carla;2429379;
    I'm tempted to get a license plate holder that says "Hogwarts Alumni" (yeah, I'm a Harry Potter dork!).
    Carla, this fellow Potter Dork would love to know where you found that?
    Wag more, bark less

I have my $300 piece of plastic. It's a hang tag that I have deducted out of my paycheck every week for the privilege of parking on campus. It costs me almost $300 a year. That sounds bad, but its actually not too bad. If I didn't have it, I'd have to park in a garage at $6 a day.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I know we're not talking plates, but I have a funny story about mine... when I got divorced I found out my husband had put my car in his name. Since my old one had died and I had just gotten a new (used) one, I wanted it just in my name so that meant I needed a new plate. I laughed when it came in. ####FY.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;2430899;
    I have my $300 piece of plastic. It's a hang tag that I have deducted out of my paycheck every week for the privilege of parking on campus. It costs me almost $300 a year. That sounds bad, but its actually not too bad. If I didn't have it, I'd have to park in a garage at $6 a day.
    That actually sounds very reasonable to me. Here in Calgary you'll pay about $24/day to park downtown, and about $10/day to park anywhere else. I'd be so broke if I couldn't take the train.

I have a cute little surfboard air freshener hanging with a little wooden necklace thingy (kinda looks like a dragon). Thankfully the 'stink' has worn off the surfboard now, I almost threw it out cause it smelled so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2430950;
    I know we're not talking plates, but I have a funny story about mine... when I got divorced I found out my husband had put my car in his name. Since my old one had died and I had just gotten a new (used) one, I wanted it just in my name so that meant I needed a new plate. I laughed when it came in. ####FY.
    Classic.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by Carla;2429379;

OMG - what a great idea!!! I'd want a Gryffindor-specific one, tho!!!! :-) :-) :-)

I don't like a lot of stuff junking up my car either so no bumper stickers but I do have 2 things hanging from the rearview. I love hearts so I have a heart keychain with my initial on it and also this heart necklace that I got in West Virginia. It's on a black cord and the heart is carved out of purple quartz or something like that. I love purple too

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast