+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What is hanging from your rearview mirror?

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    ETA: I don't put bumper stickers on my own car, but the other day I saw someone that had made their own with orange tape and a black marker. It was very...odd.
    What did it say?

I have Mardi Gras beads hanging from my mirror that we caught at a parade in Louisiana last year. I don't have a bumper sticker but I have those little white stickers in the corners of my back window. One is a little girl and the other is a little boy.

Oh, my husband just put a big "T" (Texas Rangers) magnet on the back of my SUV. It was too big for the back of his Mustang so he stuck it on mine.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    What did it say?
    Oh, the back of the car was filled with them. I had time to read three of them and take note of one that was a bunch of little writing that I couldn't see. The three I read were:

"I brake for animals"
    "Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy"
    "Southern by the Grace of God"

They didn't even do them neatly. The orange safety tape had been ripped, not cut and the writing was just regular handwriting, not stencils or anything. It was weird. The weirdest thing is that they weren't even original. You can find bumper stickers that say those things already, so it wasn't like they had something completely unique to say.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

MRD
    I too have Mardi Gras beads hanging from my rearview. ON the back window I have a big red Rolling Stones tongue. I have a bumper sticker I am dying to put on, but I normally don't do bumperstickers. Only when my kid got the honor roll one at her elementary school. I think I will probably put this one on because I do feel strongly about it. It says: Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam.

I also have a Florida Gators license plate on the front plate holder on my car. Our state doesn't require you to have 2 tags on teh car.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have no bumper stickers.. but I have a University of Michigan window sticker in the back window of my SUV.

Then I have something hanging over my rearview mirror that I can guarantee no one else does...

A stethoscope, that way... I never forget it and it's always with me.

ETA: The "I brake for animals" bumper sticker always makes me think of my friend (who's a total frat boy) who has a bumper sticker that says "I brake for hookers"

The Girl With FORT-itude saltyj's Avatar
    I have my parking permit for high school and two rosaries.
    Viva La Vie Boheme!

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    The only thing hanging from my rear view mirror is a really funny-looking, nauseating photograph, but luckily it hangs there on only a part-time basis.
    Why Pom, I kinda like that picture!
    I'm another boring person with just a parking permit. I do have a little fuzzy kittycat on a keychain that sits on the little ledge under my instrument panel.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I have a parking pass.

Sometimes I have a air freshener.

I'm so very dull.

I don't care for bumper stickers as I know some people whose car windows got broken in the past and it was felt it was in connection to their bumper stickers. (as crap was pour on and written over their bumper stickers)

I have a little beanie baby penguin in my car.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Usually a car freshener scent that hangs by a string. Right now, nothing.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    My cop dad always fussed about things obstructing your view from the rearview window so I try not to do that (tho I have done it before...ya know gotta rebel in small ways sometimes!)

No bumper stickers but I do have 2 stickers on the back window of my 4runner (they can be taken off really easily). One is of a baseball (for my son) and the other says Bo Bice Rocks.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Re: What is hanging from your rearview mirror?

I have a small stuffed giraffe that my little guy gave me and keychains. Whenever we go somewhere, I always buy a keychain with the state/city on it and hang them on my rear view. I just started this not too long ago, so I only have 3. As for bumper stickers....they drop the value of your car, so I stick to the window cling ons. I have one that has a picture of a Miniature Pinscher on it and the other sticker is for the Fire Dept. that my hubby runs for.

I have been looking for a window sticker that says "My other car is a broom". No luck yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast