+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Most Embarassing:

FORT Fogey

Most Embarassing:

Do we have a most embarassing moment? If not then this is it!

So what is it?? :stupid

I think we had one, but it got waaaaay buried, and I'm too lazy to look it up (plus I probably have something really embarassing in it, and I don't want everyone to see).

FORT Fogey
    Well, now if that isn't incentive to go on a hunt! Can I get a little safari smilie?

Hi Fire girl, waiting for Trista to make her choice and thought I'd play around in the FORT. Saw this thread and decided to share an experience I can finally laugh at. (Took 20 years)!

I sat next to a guy that farted loudly on a plastic chair in an auditorium in junior school. (you can only imagine how loud it sounded) He then pointed at me and said loudly oh why did you do that! Everyone laughed so hard they couldnt hear my rebuttle that It was HIM not ME.

Beat that-
    Support the FORT - Go Green

It's the second time I write this story cause well, I wrote it once and it vanished..... But, here I go again....

Here's a little story I'd like to call

Nothing can keep a Norwegian from their beer

I have a friend who plays in a punk rock band. Occasionally they get gigs. No...honestly... they do. And that's not the most embarrassing part about this story either.

When they get gigs at clubs and such, we often come along for a good party & a good show. This night was no different. We were all heading out for some fun, beer and music.

I am extremely fond of this black motor-oil looking drink called Guinness Stout

It's great stuff. Infact, I think it's some of the best stuff that's out there. However, like any beerdrinker, at some point during the night, nature takes it toll and forces you to leave your beer behind, simply to go make room for more beer ....

I went searching for a bathroom, and I found my way just
    fine. As I went into the stall, I felt the door was a little tight. I thought nothing of it, but flexed my muscles and pulled the door shut. Happily I did my private business, behind closed doors!
    Hah! Did I show them!

Ah yeah, time came to flush and leave the stall, and partake in
    some more guinness. However as I tried to open the door, it wouldn't move.

"Ah how silly of me," I muttered to myself. "I forgot to unlock it."
    So I turned the lock and the door still wouldn't move.
    As I played with the lock a little more, panic started to rise
    and I realized I was trapped in the bathroom stall

Now this was a solid, older bathroom stall, the door went from floor to ceiling, and didn't have those gaps at the bottom & top like a lot of them do now.
    It's pretty amazing what a combination of panic, fear and adrenaline can do to your physical fitness.
    I gathered all my viking strength and pressed my body against the door, and what do you know... It sprung open!

Well, "sprung open" is not the correct term actually. More like exploded!

Through the bathroom door flew Wyndemere in a hailstorm of woodsplinters and door handles.
    Of course, in these situations, you wish that you were alone on the planet and that
    there would be no witnesses. Of course you are never that lucky.
    Infact, the girl standing infront of the mirror adjusting her makeup, probably suffered from
    a mild heart attack as she turned around, wide-eyed, just to witness a flying Norwegian
    emerging through the bathroom door in a shower of woodsplinters and sawdust.

Calmly I gathered up the wood pieces and put them on the sink, the least I could do was clean up after myself.
    "The door wouldn't open," I said, and as elegantly as I could (and believe me, it's hard to be elegant after having burst through a bathroom door) I walked out the door and went back to my (much needed) Guinness Stout and drowned the embarrassment, which by the way, I didn't tell a soul until months had passed ... lol

Oh yeah.... it's sweet to be an idiot.... (Monty Python).
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Wyndemere! That was horrible.

Well, from the top of my mind, the most embaressing thing has got to be my english teacher snatching up a sheet I was doodling on and read out loudly to the class every stupid, sickly sweet, corny song lyric that I wrote. I'm talking about lyrics like this:

'i'll go anywhere for you,
    anywhere you want me to' etc

Of course, that was a looonnng time ago.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Most embrassing? Gee there are so many to pick from
    Walking out after a hockey game and while talking to someone else, slipped my arm into what I thought was my husband's. after few minutes, my husband taps me on the sholder and asks who am I going home with? I look and had been walking arm and arm with a guy I had never seen before. (who was laughing himself senseless by the way)

so that is one down, about 300 more to go........
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Nancy, you need a "coffee spewing" warning on that last one, because I can SO see myself doing that.

Wyndemere, that's a great story!

And of course, Rumi, another good one!

Leo
    Premium Member
    I once tried to walk thru a glass wall. Let me explain...

This was at my high school, about two years ago. There was this particular doorway, where it had a pair of doors, then the rest of the opening was glass in steel frames. Pretty standard, I suppose.

Anyways, I was walking along the corridors, reading a few pieces of paper, when I turned right into where I thought the door would be... unfortunately, I was about three meters too early. Bam! There goes me, right into the glass pane.

Fortunately, the glass did not shatter. The only thing damaged was my ego.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast