+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Most Embarassing:

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Oh Pinkie! I can't believe she drew over your eyes.

This wasn't really embarassing but just funny to me. I was in the Art Institute of Chicago with my husband (before kid) and I was further down the gallery. He was looking at a painting and there were two women standing next to him, chatting with each other. The gallery was very quiet, though, and even from where I stood I could hear someone let a really loud one rip. Well, both women turned toward my husband with pointed looks, then walked away. My husband just glared at the women and walked over to me.

Now only if you've been married or with the same person for many years can you understand, but it just didn't sound like my husband. And sure enough, it wasn't - it was one of the women next to him, but since he was standing there the guilty party thought she could play it off to her friend like he had done it. I've never seen my husband display such righteous anger. I guess he takes some flak when he is the culprit, so having a stranger try to pass it off on him really ticked him off!
    :mad:

As a "lady" ahem *cough cough* I do find that despicable! A dog yes, but a stranger in a museum? Yeaahhh like I would ever believe that. Hmmmm I will have to keep a real ear open now for the *nuance* in a conversation
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

hmm..embarrassing

Well I have a lot of embarrassing moments...the most ever, was when I gave the referee a high five when I was being subbed out of a volleyball game.. i was like laughed at forever, and i think it will stay with me for a while...man am i stupid..it's just htat the adreniline was pumping, and I did the first thing that came to mind I also fell down couple times in the cafeteria..pretty funny stuff

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Okay. I remembered one that I chose to block out.

Last year, we were on a 4-day field trip. On the last night, I was really tired because we had been hiking and I couldn't sleep the night before. That night, there was a fire drill and I slept through it.

I'm glad someone resurrected this thread - I've been laughing my butt off at all of your embarassing moments - especially your shower dive, chiro - totally funny! (I hope you weren't hurt)

So I guess I should tell you mine. I've done a lot of embarassing things, but this one was probably the worst...

I was working in a small town where everyone knows each other (my parents grew up there). I went to the local DQ to get some lunch one day, and went through the drive through. I had this big old white Grand LeMans (a.k.a. Titanic) back then and sometimes the horn would stick.

As I was at the drive through window, waiting for my food, I accidentally bumped the horn. It wouldn't stop honking. I was so flustered that I started to drive away, horn blaring, but realized I'd left the food I'd paid for. So I stopped the car, went back, and got my food (on foot). Of course, the drive thru lane went right past the front of the restaurant, where everyone inside could see what was happening. I should have just driven away...

Most embarassing moment eh? Well, it was the end of fourth grade and I accidently stepped in dog s***. Everbody either poited and laughed at me that day orlooked sympathetic and started sniggering. It was awful awful awful...! I washed my feet over and over and over and over...until they smelled clean and good again. That terrifying memory still ahunts my mind at times.
    One down. Fifty six billion more to go.

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorGirl
    Okay. I remembered one that I chose to block out.

Last year, we were on a 4-day field trip. On the last night, I was really tired because we had been hiking and I couldn't sleep the night before. That night, there was a fire drill and I slept through it.
    You slept through a fire drill?!?

How loud was it?

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    I don't know how loud it was. My friend said it was really loud, but I wouldn't know.

FORT Fan
    Uff Da!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndemere
    It's the second time I write this story cause well, I wrote it once and it vanished..... But, here I go again....

Here's a little story I'd like to call

Nothing can keep a Norwegian from their beer

I have a friend who plays in a punk rock band. Occasionally they get gigs. No...honestly... they do. And that's not the most embarrassing part about this story either.

When they get gigs at clubs and such, we often come along for a good party & a good show. This night was no different. We were all heading out for some fun, beer and music.

I am extremely fond of this black motor-oil looking drink called Guinness Stout

It's great stuff. Infact, I think it's some of the best stuff that's out there. However, like any beerdrinker, at some point during the night, nature takes it toll and forces you to leave your beer behind, simply to go make room for more beer ....

I went searching for a bathroom, and I found my way just
    fine. As I went into the stall, I felt the door was a little tight. I thought nothing of it, but flexed my muscles and pulled the door shut. Happily I did my private business, behind closed doors!
    Hah! Did I show them!

Ah yeah, time came to flush and leave the stall, and partake in
    some more guinness. However as I tried to open the door, it wouldn't move.

"Ah how silly of me," I muttered to myself. "I forgot to unlock it."
    So I turned the lock and the door still wouldn't move.
    As I played with the lock a little more, panic started to rise
    and I realized I was trapped in the bathroom stall

Now this was a solid, older bathroom stall, the door went from floor to ceiling, and didn't have those gaps at the bottom & top like a lot of them do now.
    It's pretty amazing what a combination of panic, fear and adrenaline can do to your physical fitness.
    I gathered all my viking strength and pressed my body against the door, and what do you know... It sprung open!

Well, "sprung open" is not the correct term actually. More like exploded!

Through the bathroom door flew Wyndemere in a hailstorm of woodsplinters and door handles.
    Of course, in these situations, you wish that you were alone on the planet and that
    there would be no witnesses. Of course you are never that lucky.
    Infact, the girl standing infront of the mirror adjusting her makeup, probably suffered from
    a mild heart attack as she turned around, wide-eyed, just to witness a flying Norwegian
    emerging through the bathroom door in a shower of woodsplinters and sawdust.

Calmly I gathered up the wood pieces and put them on the sink, the least I could do was clean up after myself.
    "The door wouldn't open," I said, and as elegantly as I could (and believe me, it's hard to be elegant after having burst through a bathroom door) I walked out the door and went back to my (much needed) Guinness Stout and drowned the embarrassment, which by the way, I didn't tell a soul until months had passed ... lol

Oh yeah.... it's sweet to be an idiot.... (Monty Python).

Oh my God! I had an extremely embarassing moment just a few weeks ago! It was also what I like to refer to as a "Jessica (Simpson) moment" Well, I call it that because I said something really really, really dumb! In my defense though, I was being awoke in the middle of the night, at the time this took place. Well, here goes...A few weeks ago, my husband was not feeling well and had a persistent cough and stomach aches-I know, bad combo right? Well, he woke me up one night and complained that, quote, "Hun. The nastiest thing just happened." I'm half asleep and wondering "Oh no! What could possibly be the nastiest thing...?" He said, "I was in bed and I coughed and poopy came out!" He meant-duh obviously-that he coughed and it made his bowels a bit loose. (Lord, I can't believe I'm sharing this) Well, me being half asleep and bewildered, I thought he coughed and poop came out of his mouth. After all he did say that he "coughed and poopy came out", right? Well, I fell asleep wondering how in the world that was possible and when I awoke I asked him what he said last night and I just laughed at myself...but not more than he laughed at me!

FORT Fan
    I have two, but as a tribute to Wyndemere, a fellow Norwegian and stout-drinker, I will share this one.

I was out on a date - a first date - with this guy I worked with. Rather than dinner and a movie, we went to meet some friends and hear some music at a road house up in the mountains, about an hour-and-a-half from our home town.

The evening started out fine. I am not the most gregarious person in the world (I can take a while to relax and warm up to people), but I had some whiskey and beer, did a little dancing, and had an okay time. Finally, my date and I decided to go home. We bundled up for the cold winter night, said our goodbyes, exited, and proceeded to slip and slide down the road to the car (I am sure it was partly the road conditions, and not just my consumption of alcohol, that made this such a challenge). Then, as we were about to get in, I realized that I had to pee.

Well, the road was slippery, the bar was some distance away, the restroom was upstairs and I knew there would be a line, so after a moment's pause, I told myself I could wait. About 20 minutes into our drive, I realized I could not make it home, but thought I could manage until the largest town on the way, where there would still be restaurants and bars open. But not much farther along, I realized I just really had to go! So I told my date, and we decided that he would pull over at a "scenic view" stop not much further away. We pulled over, and as there was no restroom, I proceeded to look for a discreet place to relieve my bladder.

It was a rather broad, flat expanse surrounding the car which, under the moonlight reflecting off the snow, afforded me no cover whatsoever. So I headed over the crest of what seemed a manageably steep slope, which led down to a partially frozen but still running running river.

I went far enough down the slope that my date would not be able to see so much as my head while I was peeing (how embarrasing that would have been!). I undid my long coat, pulled down my pants, pulled down my long-johns and tights, unsnapped my wool bodysuit (this was the 80's), got my underwear down, and finally got to pee...

Well, the heat of my urine melted the snow beneath me, and the next thing I knew, I began to slide down the slope towards the river! I reached out and managed to grab a couple of twigs on this scraggly little bush nearby, but when I steadied myself a bit, I found that I could not get all my clothes back on with only one hand, and every time I let go of the bush to try with both hands, I began to slide towards the river again.

Well, I didn't know what to do. So, I grabbed onto the bush again, and just clung there. Many long, cold minutes passed, and then I heard my date calling from the car, "Libra4, are you okay?". I hesitated, trying unsuccesfully to think of some way out of my pickle, then weakly called back to him, "Ummm...Noooo..."

I can only imagine the sight of me, pants scrunched around my ankles, bare bottom hanging in the moonlight, clutching these twigs for dear life. Luckily, the guy had a good sense of humor. He started cracking up, I started cracking up, he came and helped me collect myself, and we continued on our way. So, my embarrasing mishap ended up being the real "icebreaker" of the evening.

+ Reply to Thread