+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Most Embarassing:

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Re: Most Embarassing:

Thanks ClosetRTWatcher! I sure do hope so, too.

I didn't see the original post either, but what an interesting thing to have hanging in your family tree! I think I would probably be curious, too, if I had that kind of bloodline.
    lopevian likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I hope they'll be open to it. It would be a wonderful thing! I believe the time has come. Generations of bad blood in large part due to a different interpretation of the "wee man" on the cross. Like Forest Gump's mama said: "sometimes we all do things that just don't make any sense".

Boy am I ever in the right thread. I really need to add that the "bad blood" referred to in the previous post is that which existed on my side of the family. It's the only bad blood I've ever been made aware of, the only I can fairly speak of, and it died with my Grandfather, thankfully.

What an interesting family tree, lopevian!!

Funny, I found this string yesterday and thought I haven't really had anything embarrassing happen recently. And then last night I took my 2yo to the pharmacy with me! We were waiting in line to get my nose spray when my 2yo decides to yell at the top of his lungs "come ON dude, my mommy needs some mednicnine (a 2yo version of medicine apparently)"! I could have died, especially when everyone turned around to look at us as I am standing there holding his hand with one hand and a box of maxi pads with the other hand!
    lopevian and inthegarden like this.

Oh my gosh, KatesMom, that is really funny!!!

I once (and only once) enrolled in a speech class. The first day, all we had to do was get up in front of the class, state our name, our reason for taking the class, and our most embarrassing moment. I started to hyperventilate pretty much as soon as I got my name out. I knew I was going down, and I said "my most embarrassing moment is going to happen in a few seconds here...". Boom, I fainted flat out cold on the floor. I never went back, I was so embarrassed.
    KatesMom likes this.

To the Point

My husband & I have always gone to very contemporary and casual churches. For a brief period of time several years ago we attended a more "formal" church and I was feeling the need to wear more traditional church type clothes. I pulled out a skirt I had not worn in a year or so. It wasn't especially structured/tailored and had an elasticized waist. Suffice it to say that I discovered that perhaps it would pay to go through my closet and get rid of some of my older clothes when I stood up to sing but my skirt did not. I realized it so fast that I honestly don't think anyone really noticed, but then again, I was too afraid to find out by looking around. My family and I just laughed about it, but I was really careful to be aware for the rest of that service.
    lopevian and KatesMom like this.

NCLurker! Oh gosh...I hope you had a slip on! That's what I love about embarrassing moments...mortifying at the time, funny in hindsight.

My family celebrates the opening of Christmas presents on Christmas Eve. One year, my folks gave me a beautiful coat. Somehow, the electronic security piece of plastic was not removed from the coat before the store wrapped it. (How my Mom got out of the store with the coat is still a mystery). Anyway, the following day I went to Christmas Mass wearing what appeared to be a stolen coat! Went to Communion and everything. Had to take it back to the store to have it removed, and they said they would hold on to it until my Mom could produce a receipt! Boy, was my Mom mad.

I love this thread! Feels like home...

I remember years ago I attended a wedding of a coworker along with my best friend. I'd not been to church in a long time and joked about the church falling down around us as we entered. The church was in the country opposite a field filled with cows. We entered the chruch and sat down in a pew. As time wore on, the church floor vibrated more and more-we giggled when we realized it was because of the way the church was built, not because God was getting us back. The reception was in the basement of the church and they had long tables filled with food and decorations and lit candles. They were so beautiful and some decorations were really intricate....bending over to look at the detail.....my napkin caught fire and was wisping over to the top of my plate half filled with food...I held it to the lady at the puch bowl and said "would you please dispose of this?" so she dropped it to the floor. My best friend rose to the occasion when the lady asked what she should do with it.....she told her to "stomp the f out of it!" .....so much for our plans to be unseen and not make a scene.
    lopevian and Miss Scarlet like this.

No, I guess that wouldn't be overlooked in a church!

When I was a kid in grammar school, I played violin for the school choir. One Easter Sunday, at the end of a hymn, the choir stopped, the organist stopped, but I bowed the first note of a verse everyone but me knew we were not doing. There was a mic on me, so it was really loud, echoing throughout the church. I quickly added a few descending notes, to end it properly. Those few notes got quite a laugh, but I was very, very embarrassed.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

+ Reply to Thread