+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Most Embarassing:

I had many embarrassing drunken moments in the days of my youth, but this particular one kept on going for about three years. I had recently broken up with Mr. Rattus #1, with whom I hadn't conjoined since the honeymoon (bad trip, bad marriage). Well, after two years without gettin' some, I was, let's say, avid. Mr. Rattus #1 had a friend/band mate who was a bit of a tart and would in fact sleep with pretty much anything that presented itself as ready, willing and able. So I got all liquored up one night while out with friends and threw myself at the tart in the bar in front of everyone I knew. The tart, and I still can't believe this, turned me down. TURNED ME DOWN!

Shortly after this, I started going out with the man who would become Mr. Rattus #2 (who got all manner of kudos, by the way, because I was such a catch). And shortly after THAT, Mr. Rattus #2 wound up in a band with the tart. Now, I actually liked the tart - he was smart, creative and funny and I really enjoyed talking to him - so I swallowed my pride and made a point of visiting with him upon occasion. After a while, I noticed that he would get this terrified, deer-in-the-headlights look any time I was in the room. It dawned on me that he thought I wanted his body (I did, but for one night only) and that I was sexually harrassing him. Upon realizing this, I made a point of bringing how wonderful Mr. Rattus #2 was, how much I loved Mr. Rattus #2, how my life would not be complete without Mr. Rattus #2. I had to do this for three stinking years before he became comfortable enough to just be my friend again.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    I was just discussing the whole gallbladder screwing up the hormones causing girl problems thing with a female co worker and heard the vice pres. sigh (translation- you're making me mad). I never even saw him come in!! He wasn't supposed to even be here!! ACK! I don't know how much he heard but tonight (of course) at the company christmas dinner I am going to have a hard time looking at him!!
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

Quote Originally Posted by JAFO'S PRINCESS View Post
    I was just discussing the whole gallbladder screwing up the hormones causing girl problems thing with a female co worker and heard the vice pres. sigh (translation- you're making me mad). I never even saw him come in!! He wasn't supposed to even be here!! ACK! I don't know how much he heard but tonight (of course) at the company christmas dinner I am going to have a hard time looking at him!!
    Psh. He needs to lighten up. He shouldn't be skulking around, eavesdropping, then. If he doesn't like the conversation, he can turn around and walk out.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by phat32 View Post
    Psh. He needs to lighten up. He shouldn't be skulking around, eavesdropping, then. If he doesn't like the conversation, he can turn around and walk out.
    We have a very small office. The pres, vice pres and I all have offices right inside of the main one. So, even though we were standing at the counter we were in front of his office door. He ALWAYS travels (deliveries, schmoozing customers) on Tues. and Thurs. He came in when I was out in the shop. It was just akward and embarassing. A little morning TMI for the boss man. But I sat right next to him last night at dinner and he was totally nice. So it ended well.

If I though that was bad (yesterday did not go that well) my ex-mother-in-law had some christmas gifts she had me wrap. I did mine, hers and father in law's. Well, I gave her "all" the gifts. The kids have been opening themand she noticed 4 missing. The 4 outfits FIL had bought. I kept telling her she had them go away. (we get along super well) I even told her she's senile and when she finds them she owes me dinner. So I went home and checked a closet just to be SURE (again). There they were. We had looked there 3 times!!! So now my senile butt has to take her to her favorite place for dinner.
    Last edited by JAFO'S PRINCESS; 12-21-2005 at 07:31 AM.

This happened to me a few hours ago. I was going downstairs at my building to buy some coffee. The doors from the elevator opened and I stepped out, except I got stuck. Actually, my heel got caught in the hole. Worse, while I was trying to unstick myself, the doors closed on me. Worse yet, two people from my office were waiting for me to get out so they could go in. Luckily I knew them well and we had a good laugh. On my way back up, I made sure I did a big step way over the hole.

Also, a couple of weeks ago, I went bowling with some friends. Now, bowling is not something I do well...at all. At one point, when it was my turn to bowl, I aimed at threw the ball. Except, just like in the movies, in went backwards instead of forward. Lots of people ducked...Funny thing is, it was finally going straight and it would've been a strike if only the pins were behind me and not in front.

Ah, the lengths to which I go to make people laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    This happened to me a few hours ago. I was going downstairs at my building to buy some coffee. The doors from the elevator opened and I stepped out, except I got stuck. Actually, my heel got caught in the hole. Worse, while I was trying to unstick myself, the doors closed on me. Worse yet, two people from my office were waiting for me to get out so they could go in. Luckily I knew them well and we had a good laugh. On my way back up, I made sure I did a big step way over the hole.

Also, a couple of weeks ago, I went bowling with some friends. Now, bowling is not something I do well...at all. At one point, when it was my turn to bowl, I aimed at threw the ball. Except, just like in the movies, in went backwards instead of forward. Lots of people ducked...Funny thing is, it was finally going straight and it would've been a strike if only the pins were behind me and not in front.

Ah, the lengths to which I go to make people laugh.
    At least they are not related to you. My mother-in-law has ammunition for the next 10 years (at least). But I'm sure it won't take that long before I do something else dumb !

Last week I took the Metro (subway) with a colleague of mine. I guess, because she recently moved from Toronto, she doesn't know that us Quebequers are very civilized in the Metro and pretty much wait our turn. The Metro comes and we end up between two sets of doors. I see that there are a few empty seats through the door on our left, but I'm well aware that they will be filled by the time I get there. I wasn't counting on this girl to barge through the group, sit on a chair and put her handbag on the other one, telling the lady that was going to sit there: "It's for my friend". I was so embarrassed I almost didn't feel like sitting there. The other lady luckily went to stand elsewhere, but if I was her I would have sat on this girl's handbad.

DesertRose - not all of us from Toronto are that aggressive - funnily enough, when my girlfriend from NY came, she called us the most passive people she's ever seen. All of us waiting to let people off the subway nearly killed her!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Re: Most Embarassing:

I made a post in Fun & Games that I thought about two people would read. A few more than two read it...and now I feel, on the one hand, obligated to qualify what I posted, and at the same time I feel embarrassed to qualify it, because it is presumptuous to think anyone gives a rat's butt. I've decided I'd rather be embarrassed for being presumptuous than have anyone think I'm full of it. A great-great uncle of mine dropped the O' from the family name, became a Protestant, and swore his allegiance to England. His grandson became Prime Minister of England. I didn't learn of this until I was about twenty-five years old. The betrayal this Uncle committed was the height of all betrayals for that side of my family. They disowned him. I have seen many movies depicting the "troubles" in Ireland, and it's relationship with England. What has impressed me most is the truth that violence begets violence...bad begets bad. Things are much better now, better than they've ever been. When the Queen visited Ireland last year, I got all emotional at the sight. I posted this in the "Would You Believe" thread, because I thought it fit well...meaning I viewed it as a rather hard thing to believe. I hope it says something about me as a person that since 2003, I've never mentioned it before, not even to my closest friends here. That's because it has nothing to do with me; we share a bloodline, and that's as far as it goes. I hope to change that, though. I would love to get to know my Irish, yet very British cousins.

Just had to post this...I'd never play anyone here for a chump.

Re: Most Embarassing:

lovepian - I didn't see your post in Fun & Games, but I think it sounds like you have a fascinating family history! I hope that at some point in the future, you get to know your cousins!!
    lopevian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread