+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Most Embarassing:

Oh, here's something...my drum group (we play Samulnori, a type of traditional Korean music) was being interviewed after a performance, and I said something like "I'm afraid of screwing up." One of the other members said that it'd be hard to translate that into Korean (the performance and interview will be shown in Korea this fall). So while in English, it might not have had any profanity (at least not to the degrees of those 4 letter words we all know and love ) but when translated in a certain way it can. That was definitely a moment for me.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Did you use this for emphasis Mariner?
    As in you are apparently dumb enough that I don't expect you to be able to pick out the words if I don't highlight them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    As in you are apparently dumb enough that I don't expect you to be able to pick out the words if I don't highlight them.
    I thought Unklescott was asking if you used that smiley for emphasis. I guess that's my embarrassing moment of the night...

ETA: Well, that and the fact that I still have the Tom/Katie avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferInCO
    I thought Unklescott was asking if you used that smiley for emphasis.
    That's what I was asking.

That's what I was asking.
    I admit I wish I had thought of doing so.

Mariner, I have to admit I do just about the same thing all the time. We have a spiral notebook at the restaurant we use as a manger's log to communicate between the 4 of us. Many times I'm thinking how to write something and I go to put a smilie at the end of it. You ever try to draw or . It ain't easy.

Mariner, I have to admit I do just about the same thing all the time. We have a spiral notebook at the restaurant we use as a manger's log to communicate between the 4 of us. Many times I'm thinking how to write something and I go to put a smilie at the end of it. You ever try to draw or . It ain't easy.
    I've never actually done it (yet), but I've often wanted to add a smiley to my e-mail at work. I have such a dry and sarcastic sense of humor. I really have to watch it or I sound like I'm insulting people and it's really only affectionate teasing.

(on topic )My most embarassing moment has to be the time I was telling my boyfriend about how my roommate had accidentally kicked her shoe off and hit the CD Player. Well, I was trying to pantomine and ended up kicking my own shoe several feet down the sidewalk. Must have been a parade or something going on because as I remember it the crowd was huge and they were all looking at me and laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    I'm in the middle of writing a pissed off letter to another lawyer about something that popped up late this afternoon. I'm trying to bold part of a statute I'm quoting to say dumb ass what you are trying isn't going to work. What do I do? I type in the vbulletin bold code.
    I've done that! I've also typed the : lol (no space, of course) to my friends via email. I do it frequently enough that one of my friends asked me why I always used the colon. Not that embarassing, but enough to make you feel slightly stupid.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    x
    Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl
    I've been subjected to a fair amount of doors that have been forced open while I was sitting on the toilet. Seriously, does beer give people supernatural powers or are the bathroom door locks just really bad at restaurants and bars?
    I think the locks are just really bad. I was writing myself little notes while reading and laughing and crying my way through this thread about which of my mulititude of stories to share. One of them was the following (geekthegirl, are you psychic?):

I'm at a large barn-type bar in NorthernNY (thankfully this is far enough away from my own house that I'd never go there again) and I'm not having a good time. My friend's band was playing and a large group of us were there to show our support. I have a horrible temper to begin with, and I was in a really bad mood (I think I was fighting with my then-boyfriend) and the place was really crowded, and I was being ignored by the bartender, etc. etc. Now, I try to avoid public bathrooms like people try to avoid diseases, but when you're an hour from home and in the middle of nowhere you've got to make exceptions. I go to the bathroom, lock the swinging wooden door to the stall I chose and set about my business. This takes a while because I've got a lot of housekeeping and layering to do. People come in and out, in and out without incident. Suddenly, just as I am getting out of my crouching position (a half a foot or so above the bowl) and trying to pull up my undies and jeans, the door to my stall swings open (outward!) and a girl is standing there shocked and amused. Oh, did I neglect to mention that this was the first stall and that you can see into the main floor of the bar if the outside door is open (which it was) So I see this girl and she's like "Oh, I'm sorry, oh god, I'm really sorry, (I see her drunk self, and people behind them in the main bar area are now taking notice) Now my hands are busy, but even if they weren't I wouldn't have been able to shut the door because she was HOLDING IT OPEN! And apologizing! I am screaming at her calling her every name in the my oxford version of swearing, and she's like "you are so mad at me, I think you want to kill me" or some such crap, and I finally get my hands and body moving forward, with my clothes in order (my jeans were really tight
    ) I grab the door, push it back where it belongs, grab the next stall door and look pointedly at it. As if to say, "If you don't go in, you'll be forced in". I slammed the door behind me, and go to wash my hands, she locks the door and starts doing her business still apologizing to me drunkenly. So I locked her in. Friends accompany me to the bathroom now
    Could does not mean should

*commencing thread bump*
    I've been LMAO at some of these stories and thought this thread could use a good bump. I have many embarrassing moments. I decided to share one of my young, stupid, and drunk stories. It's one of the few I can actually tell!

When I coached middle school soccer, I went out clubbing (At the time, I was single and childless, of course.) with the other 4 female coaches. We met at one coach's apartment since she was the designated driver. She's black and you'll understand why I'm mentioning this detail at the end of this story. We hit a few different clubs and I made the stupid mistake of mixing different kinds of alcohol. And I had way too much of it! The first time I got sick that night was at a club. I was dancing with a guy and he just walked away from me as I hurled on the dance floor. I hate to think of what I looked like dancing since I could barely walk. My friends helped me to the restroom and I could not even hold myself up. As friends do, they held my hair back while I puked. I was in and out of it the rest of the night and my memory is sketchy. I remember feeling sick in the car so we pulled over. I opened the door and fell FLAT on my face on the muddy curb. When I got back in the car, my friend looked at my forehead and yelled, "Daayuuum! That's the last thing I remember. I woke up the next morning in a strange bed with a massive headache. Panicking, I sat up and looked around trying to figure out where I was and unable to piece together anything. The real shock came when I looked down and saw that I was all I was wearing was a T-shirt that said, "Black by Popular Demand" and panties. About the time I said,"Oh, s**t, my friend, the black coach walked through the door. I had obviously been too drunk to drive home and my clothes were muddy from falling out of the car. Whew! The worst part was the black and blue goose egg on my forehead and the disbelief on everyone's faces when I said I walked into a door!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread