+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Most Embarassing:

Ooooooooooh, this one still makes me shudder when I think of it!

One night while I was in college, I was driving home at about 1:00 am. I spotted a guy who was a buddy of mine and my fiance, so I waved like an idiot and motioned for him to pull over so I could say "hi". I pulled into a parking lot, jumped out and did the classic "skirt-pulled-up-as-if-hitchiking pose". As soon as he pulled up next to me I jumped into his car, put my hand on his thigh and leaned over to give him a kiss on the cheek.

Only it wasn't my friend.

It was a swarthy stranger who looked positively delighted at this strange good luck of having a young girl flag him down, jump in his car and grab his leg!

He urgently said "close the door! close the door!" as the security guards for the business (thankfully) pulled up to see what we were doing in their parking lot.

I explained that I thought he was someone else and politely declined his request for a kiss and boob-check before I left.

Thank God for rent-a-cops guarding businesses or I'd be living in a brothel in Turkey about now.

Hmph!! I tried posting this once but lost it, so here we go again.
    My most embarassing moment........
    Back in the olden days when I was a mere 17 year old, I had a huge crush on an older (22 year old) man. We both worked for the same company, in different departments, so I only saw him occasionally and would swoon every time . This went on for about a year or so, until there was a company New Years Eve Party which we were both at. After having way too much alcohol I threw myself at him. Having also had too much alcohol he seemed to be enjoying it. Unfortunately he had a change of heart the next day and gave me the cold shoulder This could have been the end of it, I could have filed it to the back of my mind and told myself it never happened, except guess what happened? A few weeks later I was transfered into the same department as him, and spent the next 5 years trying to avoid eye contact with him, wondering what the hell I saw in him! :rolleyes

P.S This happend in England, where I was almost the legal age for drinking.

FORT Fanatic
    I once saw a friend of mine wearing a suit, which was uncharacteristic of him. I jokingly asked him, "who died?" and of course, he looked shocked and said, "Jennifer," a girl we both knew that had been ill. I hadn't heard that she had died the night before. Oh, I felt so bad. I still cringe.

FORT Fogey
    I destroyed the 1/2 time at the Hula Bowl one year. I was in the 9th grade and we lived in HI at the time. They always used local people for the huge half times. I was a cheerleader and a gynmast for this one. But, at one point during the rehearsals they asked if I would be in another number w/a local celebrity and and couple other girls. It seems they needed the smallest people to be in these " costumes" they were supposed to be these Hawaiian elves, and dance around comically while the celeb sang a song about these mischevious elves.

The costumes were huge and sort of like some mascot/disney thing w/an ENORMOUS head and then a little body. The head part came down to about my shins and went about two feet above and I was supposed to work some strings and pulleys inside to make the eyes and stuff make faces.

During rehearsal I was on the 50 yrd line and they said ok dance around her for a few minutes of the song then run the 50 yrd line straight off the field where you will wait for the finale and come back on behind this one band. Well you couldn't see out of this suit except for looking out of the bottom so all I had to do was stay on the white line and then run and I would be fine.
    EXCEPT they forgot about the players bench on the actual day.

I ran off the field , hit that players bench and the thing was soo top heavy and didn't bend in the middle and I ended up upside down on my elf head kicking my feet out of the bottom,, screaming for someone to help. Of course since it was supposed to be a comical number everyone thought I was supposed to do that. Fianally someone figured it out and got me right side up again, but I had missed my cue to run back out on the field but I wasn't quite sure that I had. So, I went running back out and nearly got creamed by a rainbow/palm tree float, I banged into the middle of a marching band messing up their formation, and who knew that from above all this was making these great moving formations and I was screwing them up royally!

I made someone take me around the back to slink out of my costume and just about died. Of course my parents knew it was me and a few friends.. but oh was it awful..

JR.
    Oh my god FG, Please tell me that there's video of that. I need to see it

FORT Fogey
    There probably is somewhere it was 1981 or 82,,, my parents have a few pics I think that I hide! It is hilarious now but at the time I remember thinking I could have been run over by a float and then they would have pulled my dead self out of that horrible costume..

I should've stayed in bed brenda's Avatar
    One day I met some girlfriends at an outdoor cafe for breakfast. After we were done, I stood up and the back of my skirt had a big wet stain on it. Apparently there was some water in the grooves of the chair and it soaked into my skirt and I never even felt it.

Well my friends all started laughing and then some guy at a nearby table made a comment about everyone having accidents now and then.

My face turned beet red. And to make it worse, I started to realize that the water had soaked through the skirt and my underwear was all wet too.

I couldn't go home to change since we had a whole day planned out, so I went to the restroom, took off my skirt and tried to dry it under one of those hand dryers. That worked okay, but then I had to get my underwear dry too.

So there I am backed up against the dryer with my butt in the air while my friend tried to deflect the hot air onto my underwear.

You should have seen the expressions on the faces of the girls coming in to the restroom.

To make it worse, I could hear them all laughing when they went out!

Well, now for embaressing moment 299

I had just come back to work after having baby #2. Was eating by myself at BK when I noticed this good looking guy staring at me. Everytime I looked up, he was staring at me. While I was busy mentally congradulating myself for still being "hot" enough to invite stares, I looked down and noticed on my white sweater right in the breast area I had a HUGE splot of ketchup. When I grabbed a napkin to clean it up, the good looking guy said "oh thank god, I was trying to think of a polite way to tell you that you had spilled something Ma'am"

Geez, Talk about embaressing. Of course I had to open my mouth to a coworker, who told other coworkers so for years it was a running joke about me using ketchup to attract men.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

LOL firegirl, that is too funny

and sorry about the coffe spew John
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Originally posted by nlmcp

Geez, Talk about embaressing. Of course I had to open my mouth to a coworker, who told other coworkers so for years it was a running joke about me using ketchup to attract men.
    see!!!! a lady who does know all men want is sex and food, she combined the two. now that is one smart woman!!!!

+ Reply to Thread