+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Most Embarassing:

Applesauce, I've done that, too. When I was in my 20's, my roommate and I went to a psychic just for fun (this was the 70's, afterall ). When it was my turn to be 'read', she went on and on about how I am always doing things differently from the norm and that some people would even say I do things backwards. Once we were home, we both realized I had my shirt on inside out....apparently she wasn't so much a good psychic, as she was just really observant.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Applesauce, I've done that, too. When I was in my 20's, my roommate and I went to a psychic just for fun (this was the 70's, afterall ). When it was my turn to be 'read', she went on and on about how I am always doing things differently from the norm and that some people would even say I do things backwards. Once we were home, we both realized I had my shirt on inside out....apparently she wasn't so much a good psychic, as she was just really observant.

How funny! At least I'm not the only one. My son can dress himself better than I can!

Why do I feel the need to post this? Guess I've just got to tell someone :rolleyes
    I was at work tonight , and had to make some adjustments on a piece of equipment ; when I got finished I took a couple of steps backward without looking. Well, the man I was working with was sanding right there and my hand went right...."there" What can you do in a situation like this? I elected to throw my hands in the air and go "EEEEK!" to make him laugh.
    Last edited by queenb; 09-04-2004 at 06:59 AM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

queenb, I think you did the only thing you could do. I'm sure he got a good laugh out of it, too.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Okay, so my friend has been having this garage sale for a couple of weekends. The day before the sale started, she let me go through the clothes to see if there was anything I might want. There was a pair of pants, a skirt and a couple of shirts that were too small on her, but still fit me, so I took those home. The next Monday, I wore the pair of pants to work. Through the day I had two meetings with clients and had to go to the local government offices. When I got home for the night and took the pants off, I saw that I had spent the day walking around with a $2.00 price sticker on my rear end! Oh, the mortification!

Oh, Erin, that's classic! In the future, you'll never look at those pants without thinking about that!

queenb - I would have done the same thing!

erin-dye - i would have done the same thing!

I've got a couple more camp stories . . .

I got a scholarship to some international music camp outside NYC, which was a big deal as I lived in suburban hell upstate NY. I was an enthusiastic, although bad volleyball player with a lot of strength in my arms.

1st international faux pas: I dive for the ball, and manage to get it, just as the cute australian turns around thinking I'm going to hit it straight up for him to get over the net, nope - went at an angle, straight into his unprotected areas, he was on the ground moaning, I was trying so hard not to laugh.

2nd international incident: Playing volleyball, again, a ball is coming right at me, I'm in the middle of the back row, I hit it blindly, just basically sock it with one fist, and don't see where it goes. I'm looking around for it, and notice the person on my right side is on the ground. I ask what happened and she cusses me out. Turns out that the ball slammed sideways into her head, knocking her glasses off and her to the ground. She was okay. . . just bruised, mad, and with bent glasses. People were just staring at me, it was as if I had just slapped her.

Which reminds me off my favorite - no camp involved.

I was nicknamed the static queen because I could be in a steal cage and spark off of water, I just seem to generate static in the winter, I can stand still and you can't touch me.

So I was going to a party at a friends house in the winter, with another friend. I'm wearing my new faux fur coat, and as I take it off I can see little blue sparks. The friend I'm standing with starts joking around about how staticy I am that I should be a superhero. I point my finger at her, say something stupid like "Beware the static queen" and a spark snaps so loud that everyone, and we were very late, stops to stare at us. MY friend is on the ground screaming and I'm laughing like crazy. I didn't even touch her, but a spark jumped from my finger to her ear and burnt it rather badly, she needed ice and the silence was deafening. Finally somebody asked me what she said that made me slap her, which of course made me laugh even harder! It was so loud, that everyone assumed I slapped my friend across the face, and the fact that she was so red and screaming for ice didn't help. It was hard to explain during the laughter that all I did was point a finger at her (didn't mother always say never point?) and nature did the rest.

What is your most embarrassing moment???

Oops.. I tried to start a thread w/ these not realizing it was on here.. cool! haha

Some years back a friend was picking me up to go to the local college run movie theatre to see a movie. It was her and her mother and she said to be ready because they would be there at 7:30. Well I was all ready to go and at 7:30 on the dot a red car pulled up and waited in front of my driveway. It looked enough like my friend's mother's car so I went outside and walked down the driveway and walked up the car. It was dark out so I couldn't see very well. What I could see was that this car was full - 2 people in front and 2 people in back and I was surprised but figured my friend must have invited some more people to come so I approached the back door and waited for someone to open it and nobody did. I tried to peer into the car and I could see faces looking at me but nobody was opening the door for me. So I knocked on the window and still nothing.. finally I started yanking on the door handle yelling 'Come on, guys! Not funny!' and before I knew it the car sped off down the street at full speed. I didn't know what was going on so I walked back and sat on my front porch and then the car had went around the block and came back and waited at the same place.. before I could walk back to the car my neighbor, kelly L, one of the cheerleaders and most popular girl in school but luckily in a couple of grades under me came strolling out of the house beside me and the door opened and when she got into the car all the other kids in the car were laughing and pointing and telling her that I was trying to get into their car!! Well, after literally laughing and crying at the same time from embarrassment my friend and her mother and no one else finally showed up late in 'their' red car and when we got to the theatre and I had finally calmed down, guess who was in line??? Yep, Kelly and the gang!!!! My family and friends still tease me and ask if I have tried to jump into any strangers cars sometimes.. lmao.. FEEL FREE TO laugh at this story, I can now!
    Last edited by Madison1995; 10-14-2004 at 12:07 PM.

Embarrasing Moments...

Does anyone have any embarrasing moments? Something that you wish you could forget, but it keeps coming back?? If so, share them with us. I am SURE we would LOVE to hear about it! LOL. This is the thread to do that!

I have many embarrasing moments, and one of them was when I was little. I was at a return place in a store, and my moms friend was there. I decided I didnt wanna go with her, so I decided to walk backwards to my mom. I had counted my steps before, so I knew how many there were to her. When I got to that final step, it turns out the line had moved. So I actually went and hugged a woman I had NEVER seen in my life before, really tightly around her waste and started crying. I looked up, and everyone was staring at me. Kinda stupid, but it was embarrasing then!! LOL

+ Reply to Thread