+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Most Embarassing:

Last month, I was walking into my fave Spanish Restaurant. Just as a family of 4 walked out as I was walking in, I fell. Completely. On my hands and knees. My mother said she never saw me move faster in my life to get up!!! A woman on the street asked me, "Are you ok?" My reply, "Nothing is hurt...but my pride."
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

I used to think I was the only clutz in the world!!! Thank you all for sharing and I hope you continue to share your stories. There are a few that I just roared over (my boss doesn't like me not doing work-can't understand that!!) and couldn't believe some of them. It's like we are one big happy but clutzy family!!!

When I went to New Orleans I kept tripping over everything- curbs, potholes, my own feet. The friend that I went with is also a klutz and we were both tripping over everything! And we were sober too!

My whole life is embarrassing
    It all started when I was young. I had a solo in a Greek musical.
    It sucks when you have no talent whatsoever and perform THREE times, so the WHOLE school can see you.
    do you honestly think I have anything better to do than type about a bunch of low-life people hungry for money...nope...deal with it.

Hey Mystique, I know how you feel. I was always shy when I was younger. I had a hard time talking in front of people. I did play the piano and had to do the recital route for a number of years, so I never really minded playing in front of people. So my sr year of high school my school decided to nominate me into a cheesey pageant. Well, you could have knocked me over with a feather. I had to take lessons in hair, make up, AND walking! Yep, I had to learn to walk a certain way. Here, I had been doing it all wrong for years,...heel ..toe..heel...toe. The actual right way is toe...heel...toe...heel. So, we do our evening gown walk and we each do our talent, and then it's time for "the question". We all know the "question". Mine was "what movie have you seen recently and what impact has it had on you". Well, I was fit to be tied and the only movies I had seen recently were arty movies like "groove tube" and "flesh gordon", and I couldn't very well talk about those movies!!! (Does anyone remember those?) So, out of the brilliance of my mind came, "I'd have to say the Godfather, because of all the violence." I have to this day never seen that movie!! I knew I blew it at the time, but I continued dreaming about saying those words for the next several years! Needless to say, I didn't win!

Famita, at least you had the courage to follow through with the whole pageant thing. I never could have managed that, and I have always been pretty outgoing. Bless your heart. I remember Flesh Gordon very well....I saw it when I was in college!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

gosh, I'm what you would call the queen of clutz........ I'm going to take a break and a make a short list.....
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    I've got two- one from my childhood, and one from a couple of years ago- just to show that I'll never outgrow the ability to embarrass myself!

I went to a Catholic elementary school, which meant that we had to go to Mass each week with our class. When I was younger I used to get really sick and feel faint if I got too hot, and I wasn't really able to tell if I was about to throw up. When I was in first grade, during a particularly long, warm Mass, I started to feel ill, and ended up throwing up all over the boy sitting in the pew in front of me. It was really humiliating, and totally destroyed my little 7 year old world, but I got over it. Fast forward to second grade and it was another long, warm mass, and again I started to feel sick. You would think that by this time I would begin to recognize the signs, but I guess I was a slow learner. So, I threw up again. And the kicker... the SAME poor boy was sitting in front of me and was vomited on- AGAIN. So embarrassing.

I'm a pretty big Harry Potter fan so when the "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" movie was released, I went on opening weekend with a few of my friends. I was so excited about the film that I decided it was necessary to run into the theater to get a good seat. I was wearing kind of new shoes, and I don't know if the floor was uneven or what, but I totally bit it on the aisle leading into the theater. I didn't just stumble or trip a little bit- I fell. Onto the floor. I think I ended up flat on my stomach, and my friends were no help because they were laughing hysterically. I wasn't hurt, and I found the whole situation pretty darn funny as well.

That poor kid. I was waiting for you to say he was sitting in front of you at the Harry Potter movie and again

SEM, did you at least date that poor kid when you got older? or did he become a priest?

+ Reply to Thread