+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Most Embarassing:

Quote Originally Posted by famita
    The ground shook. Not only that, it rumbled.
    Being a Californian, we would have presumed it to be an earthquake. We're used to the ground rumbling.

Quote Originally Posted by famita
    She takes the napkin and puts it on the floor. She is looking quite dumbfounded in her cute dr scholl's opentoed sandals so my friend starts yelling at the top of her sizable lungs, "STOMP THE !@#$ OUT OF IT!!!" omg, I never thought I'd live that down!
    I was fully expecting you to say she calmly doused it in the punchbowl! Either way, it sounds like quite a wedding -- one you won't forget.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Last weekend we were at the Farmers market. It was quite noisy and I'm hard of hearing. I was selecting some banana peppers to buy. My husband said he didn't the large ones and I bellowed out "Oh I like the big ones. The bigger the better." Of course right before my declaration the place had gotten unusually quiet.

At my high school graduation, they had a giant projection screen at the front of the gymnasium. As each graduate passed a certain point in our "march" to our seats, they would show us up on that screen. They had the cord to the camera stretched across our path there and even though it was taped down, it still created a lump. Well, my family had chosen to sit right above where they had the camera set up, so as I was walking past it, I looked up and waved at them. Which caused me to trip and stumble as they were showing me on the 10 foot tall projection screen.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Muduh's story reminds me of one. A few years ago I was dating this guy who was born in 1969, and he was into things from that year. He was also into fixing up cars, and was always on the lookout for a 1969 Corvette. Obviously I could not afford a real one, but at Christmas I thought I would get him a model one at the toy store. This teenage boy clerk was trying to help me, and suggested a 1968 one. I said, without thinking, "No, he's really into '69." He started giggling and I had to laugh too. But then I fled.

Star, your story had me That *so* would have happened to me. Just be glad it was at the end of your high school career, instead of the start of it.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Lucy you sound like me. I only open my mouth to change feet.

Here's another story along the lines of Lucy and Muduh.....

When my daughter was around 4, she was sitting in the cart at the market, and she and I were wandering around the store. She started asking me about adams' apples, and if girls had them, did boys have them, etc. As we got to the checkout line, she said, "my Daddy has one, huh, Mommy?" I agreed, and she continued, "Yeah, my Daddy has a BIG ONE, huh Mommy?" I said, "yes, it's very big", then noticed everyone within earshot of this conversation had stopped what they were doing, and burst into laughter. Suddenly I realized what they thought they had heard and tried to explain we were talking about adams' apples! A teenage boy behind me said, "yeah sure lady." It was pretty funny! Out of the mouths of babes......
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

When my daughter was born, we had her baptized at the Catholic church we attended. After the ceremony, her older brother, who was 2 at the time, started running up the aisle at the church hollering the GD word several times real loud. He picked that up from my FIL, not me. :nono My FIL and I were , while his mother and my MIL were . I managed to grab him, but he was heard by many people.

These are such funny stories. I'm laughing over poor rosie faced rose.
    Unk it is so hard to keep kids from hearing things they shouldn't. I'm proud of my son because he has really cleaned up his potty mouth since his little boy was born. Still has a little fine tweeking to do though. I kept the kid yesterday and when he stumbled and almost fell he said "dammit". I told him that wasn't a nice thing to say and he "mentioned" that daddy said it when he tripped over the dog.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    When my kids were little they used to want me to "kiss it better" when they got hurt. Worked like a charm too. What I didn't plan on when I adopted this little ritual was my three year old son that was newly potty trained...he came out of the bathroom one time after the toilet seat dropped on...well, I let you figure out what it fell on :rolleyes Of course, this little scene happened when I was hosting a bible study in my living room. Try explaining to a three year old boy that Mommy can't kiss that better
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Kaicee! That's too funny.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread