+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Great presents for special occasions

That is so cute, Desertrose. Way to go.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I LOVE IT! What a wonderful gift. I'm sure it will be treasured and passed down the family line. Great job.

FOr one neice I started her on an "Add-a pearl" necklace (I buy .5 mm pearls - they run about 25 $ US each currently.) SHh's now nine and since other out of town relatives are also adding pearls, she's got about 35 by now.

For another neice, I started a charm bracelet for her when she was born (just a heart engraved with her name and the date) Now each Christmas and birthday I get her a charm representative of some milestone or interest (first day of school, new kitten, dance class) She's 7 now and and loves her jingly jangly charm bracelet.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    DesertRose, that rocking horse is sooooooooooooooooo cute! What a great idea!

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Those are lovely gifts ADKLove. A very nice remembrance for your nieces.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Great ideas. That rocking horse turned out beautiful, and I love the charm bracelet/pearls ideas.
    My boys aren't impressed right now, but I hope when they are older they will appreciate that every year I buy them a Christmas ornament reflecting something that happened that year. A vacation, first word, learning a new sport, etc...
    I date each ornament and keep track of why I bought it.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Cricketeen, my son has 3 ornaments for 2 years of life (Future parents was the first one). I want to continue the tradition and started it also for my niece. I never would have thought of keeping track of why I bought it. Good idea. It will safe me a lot of heartaches down the road.

i always tend to somewhat make my own gifts. My grandma lives up in the mountains of WA state, so I usually paint her a bird house or feeder. Last year, I got an unfinished tray with hearts cutouts for the handles. I painted it a pale yellow, and got yellow and pink roses printed on it. I crumpled the paper and tore it into pieces and decoupaged it to the inside bottom of the tray. It's now sitting on her coffee table full of magazines.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2139704;
    Cricketeen, my son has 3 ornaments for 2 years of life (Future parents was the first one). I want to continue the tradition and started it also for my niece. I never would have thought of keeping track of why I bought it. Good idea. It will safe me a lot of heartaches down the road.
    I remember when me and my now ex-hubbie went to the house of the photographer who was going to take our wedding pictures. We were there at Christmas time and I was admiring his Christmas tree. He gave us a wonderful piece of advice....with his daughter, he bought her one of those Hallmark Christmas ornaments every year that are already dated with the year and that's what his tree was decorated with. When she gets married he was going to give her those ornaments to decorate her tree. Well even tho my marriage didn't last, that piece of advice stuck with me. Every year I have bought my son a Christmas ornament..one that reminds me of his fave toy at that particular time or something that he likes. He's 13 now and every Christmas he enjoys putting those ornaments on his own tree he has in his room.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2139704;
    When my daughter was little, Current Catalog had ornament boxes that were divided inside and had a sheet of stickers to put in each compartment. You wrote what the ornament was, the year and who it was from and any other info. I filled 3 quickly and now that i can't find those anymore, I keep a list on a legal pad that is stored with the ornaments. We do a lot of Hallmark ornaments and also from trips and stuff.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast