+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Did You Know?

I didn't know that about horses. Or the runciple spoon. But calling it a spork is more fun. ie: Don't poke my pork with your spork!

An onion, apple and potato all have the same taste. The differences in flavour are caused by their smell.

I'm not sure about this one. I guess I should hold my nose and try it and see if it's true!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I could make a pest of myself in this thread. Did you know the original Coca Cola actually had cocaine in it? Did you know there's a cat festival in Peru featuring food made from cat meat? Did you know women have 30-60% more connecting "wires" between the two halves of the brain making them better able to talk about their feelings and verbalize intuitions?
    So this is my first post, just wondering about the connecting tissue thing does that mean that men are then factually brain damaged?

Walt Disney thought moustaches were sinister looking so no one working in the park could wear one, even though he had one himself.
    Last edited by Misty; 03-26-2006 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    So this is my first post, just wondering about the connecting tissue thing does that mean that men are then factually brain damaged?
    Bwahahahahaa!

Did you know that cougars (mountain lions) don't roar, but purr and meow like big kittycats? (I learned this when I visited one at an animal rehab place in Montana...that is some loud purring folks!)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    Did you know that indentation that goes from your upper lip to your nose is called a "philtrum" and it's comprised of a "philtral dimple" and two "philtral columns"??
    I knew that. A smooth philtrum in a baby is one of the characteristics associated with fetal alcohol syndrome.

Misty: Did you know that moustaches are said to be making a BIG comeback?
    QueenB: I'd really like to hear that cougar purr. Loudly. PURRRRRRRRR

Did you know that the Hippo kills more humans than any other animal?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I always like Tom Sellek's moustache! Not a whole lot look good with one but he sure did! He definately needs to make a major come back I have always like him! His recent stint on Boston Legal has been fun.

OOps guess I should have stuck to the point of the thread, so

Did you know Tom Sellek was on Boston Legal?
    Last edited by Marleybone; 03-29-2006 at 04:44 PM. Reason: to keep post on topic

Did you know there is a web site called Did You Know?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    Did you know that Fritos contain enough oil to easily catch on fire even when they're wet?
    That sucks because I just ate some.

Well, Marleybone, just you forget about eating any lit matches for a few days! :nono

DID YOU KNOW?:

Today, 500 billion matches are used each year, about 200 billion from matchbooks
    Diamond Match Company makes more than 12 billion matches a year of the more than 500 billion that are used annually in the United States..
    "Phillumeny" is the collecting of matchboxes, matchbox labels, and matchcovers.
    According to one edition of the game Trivial Pursuit, the safety phrase 'Close cover before striking' is the most printed phrase in the English language. The phrase is on matchbooks and matchboxes.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I didn't know that about horses. Or the runciple spoon. But calling it a spork is more fun. ie: Don't poke my pork with your spork!

An onion, apple and potato all have the same taste. The differences in flavour are caused by their smell.

I'm not sure about this one. I guess I should hold my nose and try it and see if it's true!
    My dh says this one is not true and began to spout off a bunch of chemical things that I had no idea what he was talking about, but it had to do with the composition of each object and how they differ chemically.
    I have found over the years not to ask. He's really a harder to understand version of Bill Nye the science Guy and not nearly as funny.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread