+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Did You Know?

MRD

Re: Did You Know?

Wow, gorgeous pictures and something about looking at that kind of ice on a hot day makes me feel cooler.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Wow... beautiful pics of the Icebergs! I'm going to use the 1st pic as the wallpaper on my computer.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Stunning pics...and now maybe if I'm ever on Jeopardy and they ask that question..I'll know..thanks to misskitty!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Those are really beautiful. WOW!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3150836;
    Stunning pics...and now maybe if I'm ever on Jeopardy and they ask that question..I'll know..thanks to misskitty!
    Me too. I LOVE Jeopardy! I once tried out for it. I took the test, but I did not make it to the next round. The test was HARD. Not at all like the show.

And I hate it when I yell the answer at the tv and the stupid contestants still dont' get it right. Don't they listen??? (no one in the family will watch it with me anymore. )

So if icebergs come up if I'm ever on Jeopardy in the future, I'll know the answers.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Absolutely gorgeous pictures, misskitty. I'm awestruck at how beautiful nature is.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3151996;
    Me too. I LOVE Jeopardy! I once tried out for it. I took the test, but I did not make it to the next round. The test was HARD. Not at all like the show.
    Former Jeopardy! contestant here! (2002)
    Yes, between the test and audition, they definitely don't make it easy to get on the show, which is why even the "losers" are well compensated (I got a trip to Maui). But that's to ensure that they have contestants who can think on their feet in a fast-paced show. (Stuff like Millionaire and Fifth Grader bore me to death!)
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3151996;
    And I hate it when I yell the answer at the tv and the stupid contestants still dont' get it right. Don't they listen??? . . .
    Believe me, it's MUCH easier to play on your sofa in your sweats than it is in a studio dressed in business attire with an audience and the whole lights-camera-action schtick.
    ( . . . and we're NOT stupid -- we passed a test and an audition to prove it!!!)
    Last edited by Ellen; 08-01-2008 at 10:00 AM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Mr buglover always says the answers for any quiz show and when he's wrong he looks stunned! If the contestant gets it wrong he shouts, I told you!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Didn't know where to put this...

Should be posted in all schools and work places.

AND ALSO SENT TO EVERYONE WHO THINKS THE WHOLE
    WORLD OWES THEM SOMETHING.

Bill Gates recently gave a speech at a High School about 11 things they did not and will not learn in school. He talks about how feel-good, politically correct teachings created a generation of kids with no concept of reality and how this concept set them up for failure in the real world.

Rule 1: Life is not fair - get used to it!

Rule 2: The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

Rule 3: You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.

Rule 4: If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.

Rule 5: Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping: they called it opportunity.

Rule 6: If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.

Rule 7: Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.

Rule 8: Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time.

Rule 10: Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

Rule 11: Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Amen!

+ Reply to Thread