+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Did You Know?

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Melitta View Post
    Your killing me!! As I am sitting here wandering through different forums on the Fort...chewing on a big cup of ice! I can't stand to drink water, so I chew at least 8 glasses of ice everyday. Guess I better go make a dentist appointment.
    Actually, I can't say it will make you get cavities, but the likelyhood is better because of the cracks. My dentist told me that years ago when I was a chronic ice chewer myself.
    Plus, it's annoying as hell listening to someone chew it!

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    Still a staggering number.
    Not really. If you made the assumption that all 40 million pregnancies that were aborted would have resulted in a live birth that would only result in a worldwide population increase of .6% (world populatin is 6.5 billion people).
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Melitta View Post
    Your killing me!! As I am sitting here wandering through different forums on the Fort...chewing on a big cup of ice! I can't stand to drink water, so I chew at least 8 glasses of ice everyday. Guess I better go make a dentist appointment.
    Ice cravings are a sign that you could be anemic. I'm chronically anemic and like ice, but it's not quite out of hand yet.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere View Post
    Not really. If you made the assumption that all 40 million pregnancies that were aborted would have resulted in a live birth that would only result in a worldwide population increase of .6% (world populatin is 6.5 billion people).

Well, okay- I'll speak for myself. I think it's a staggering number that there could have been 40 million more people on this earth- born within the last 30 or so years.

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana View Post
    Ice cravings are a sign that you could be anemic. I'm chronically anemic and like ice, but it's not quite out of hand yet.
    I didn't know that, but I was born anemic and have been borderline every since.

Stinkerbell, I don't know how my husband can stand me chewing on the ice, but he says it doesn't bother him. I can't stand to hear anyone else do it, so I try to only chew ice when I am out of ear shot of everyone else.

To keep on the topic...Did you know the turtles can breath through their butts?
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Back to fun stuff.....
    Attachment 16724
    Did you know The term "shamrock" derives from the Irish word, seamrog, which translates to "little clover." Irish legend has it that the missionary, Saint Patrick demonstrated the principle behind the Trinity doctrine using a shamrock, pointing to its three leaflets united by a common stalk.

Oh and DID YOU KNOW that I have more than 100 four-leaf clovers and several 5 and 6 leaf as well? I'm very very lucky!
    Last edited by misskitty; 06-20-2006 at 05:22 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Did you know that turtles can breathe through their butts? And the quack thing? I heard that only male ducks can quack (or just females,can't remember- one or the other but not both!)
    Go Tigers!

Did you know that the first couple to be seen in bed together on prime time TV were Fred and Wilma Flintstone? (I know they're aren't really humanoid, but still).
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

When they were first introduced to European countries, tomatoes were considered poisonous and well into the nineteenth century, some cookbooks advised people to boil them several hours, for safety's sake.

I'm glad we know better now!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    This is a good one, and not up for a debate, just an astonishing fact:

Since Roe v. Wade, there have been 40 million abortions. That number is staggering to me considering if abortion was never discovered (?sorry for that word) or illegal, there would be 40 million more people in this world!
    Not debating, just factoiding....aside from the miscarriages mentioned above, don't forget, before Roe v. Wade there were abortions, they were just illegal and much more dangerous. There definitely would have been more babies born, but not nearly so many as you would think.

+ Reply to Thread