+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Did You Know?

Did you know that (excluding Alaska) you can enter Canada driving south in the United States.

I don't get that one. Can you explain?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2220420;
    I don't get that one. Can you explain?
    I'm not sure what Alaska has to do with it, but this should help explain

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windsor,_Ontario

Windsor is the southernmost metropoliton city in Canada. It lies at the western end of the heavily populated Quebec City-Windsor Corridor, is the second largest city in Southwestern Ontario, and the seat of Essex County. Windsor is located directly south of Detroit and is separated from that city by the Detroit River. The region marks the only border crossing where entering the mainland United States from Canada involves traveling north.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Windsor is in canada, it's a city, a close proximity to Toronto, So maybe she was confused. Either on route to Buffalo or Detroit you can cross the border.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

I think that the whole point of this is that most people think that no matter where you are in the United States, except for Alaska you must travel North, or at least East or West (as in Buffalo) but never South in order to get into Canada.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Did You Know: That in Windsor, Ontario, prostitution and gambling are legal and forbidden Cuban cigars are for sale. It has the dubious reputation of being Canada's sin city.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2221624;
    Did You Know: That in Windsor, Ontario, prostitution and gambling are legal and forbidden Cuban cigars are for sale. It has the dubious reputation of being Canada's sin city.
    When I was in victoria, they had cuban cigars for sale. I toyed with buying some, but they are illegal to bring back to the US. I hit the duty free liquor instead.

And we encountered people smoking pot in the park in Victoria. But our friend that met us there said its legal there. This guy was right out in the open, just as big as you please.

Speaking of, did you know that George Washington grew Hemp? Which is Cannabis Sativa or the same kind of pot people smoke?
    It's called Hemp when used for the production of fiber or clothing or other non drug use products.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2222117;
    And we encountered people smoking pot in the park in Victoria. But our friend that met us there said its legal there. This guy was right out in the open, just as big as you please.
    Um, marijuana is not legal in Canada. But the people in B.C., Victoria, Vanc, area, who grow some of the best in the world, still think it is.

Huge, huge, underground marijuana grow operations - best in Canada. So I hear. Can't say I've ever tried.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2222117;
    Speaking of, did you know that George Washington grew Hemp? Which is Cannabis Sativa or the same kind of pot people smoke?
    It's called Hemp when used for the production of fiber or clothing or other non drug use products.
    Hemp is actually the male cannabis plant, it doesn't produce THC (the active 'ingredient'). Female plants produce THC and grow buds (flowers), that is the part that people smoke.

Did You Know: The average tea bag contains two grams of tea.

+ Reply to Thread