+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 134 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: Gardening

Re: Gardening

We just got home from California. My in-laws have a HUGE lemon tree in their yard and I am so jealous! I "harvested" a large bag full of lemons and brought them home with me (had to beg airport security to let me keep them).
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I spent a lot of time splitting up my irises yesterday. First year in this house and they haven't been done for years. I have only one bloom this year and lots of green. I have never had so many irises and I found this video helpful: How to Plant and Split Iris Bulbs Video – 5min.com. Anyone need any tubers?

Only my lilies grow the right size--are lilies zombie proof?
    That's why lillies are used so often at funerals--it keeps down the local zombie population.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I went out and dug up ome of my sweet taters today. They aren't all that big for the most part, but for some reason quite a few are like this--a big one growing around a littleun. Very interesting....

I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3204196;
    We just got home from California. My in-laws have a HUGE lemon tree in their yard and I am so jealous! I "harvested" a large bag full of lemons and brought them home with me (had to beg airport security to let me keep them).
    I just saw this-- you must have had a real idiot checking your bag! I'm pretty sure fruit is specifically 'allowed'... I've taken apples, tomatoes, etc. on the plane a bunch without a problem. Anyway, I had a hard time resisting picking citrus off the trees I saw in CA!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3221067;
    I went out and dug up ome of my sweet taters today. They aren't all that big for the most part, but for some reason quite a few are like this--a big one growing around a littleun. Very interesting....

Auction it on ebay!!! It looks like the Virgin Mary and Baby Jesus!!!

I was just going to find this thread and post that I think my garden will done after tonight. We're forecast to go down into the upper 20s. I picked my green tomatoes that were of a decent size and covered the cherry toms.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Auction it on ebay!!! It looks like the Virgin Mary and Baby Jesus!!!
    Wow. I thought of something completely different

I am happy to report that nine of my pumpkins were adopted last week. Two went to my piano teacher's little boy (he was in awe, too cute ), and seven went home with my ex and her two first-graders. They gave a couple away to their friends, which I thought was very nice of them
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Yeah, queenie, that doesn't look like the baby jeebus. That looks to me like an arm wrestler choke-holding something. Your taters are nasty
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Queenb, very interesting (said in a mock german accent, a la Arte Johnson)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3221237;
    Wow. I thought of something completely different
    Me too .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread