+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 136 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898 ... LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: Gardening

Re: Gardening

All the recently emptied shelves of Christmas stock at Walmart have been replaced with gardening supplies!! Yea!
    Count your blessings!

Had I not been working, yesterday would have been a perfect day for cleaning up the garden. I'm trying to not go overboard this year (last year's plans far outstripped last year's results) but peas, radishes, potatoes, and pumpkins are nearly certain to be planted. It's hard to believe that potato-planting time is just over a month away

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2771722;
    Had I not been working, yesterday would have been a perfect day for cleaning up the garden. I'm trying to not go overboard this year (last year's plans far outstripped last year's results) but peas, radishes, potatoes, and pumpkins are nearly certain to be planted. It's hard to believe that potato-planting time is just over a month away
    What? Oh My! We are at least 5 months from gardening! It's blizzard conditions today; snow is blowing horizontally and it's -25 with a windchill. More of the same tomorrow. Brrrrr.

Gutmutter: I believe you! I should really start some little sprouts and stuff inside the house for planting, but with the kitties, I don't think anything would last.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2771602;
    All the recently emptied shelves of Christmas stock at Walmart have been replaced with gardening supplies!! Yea!
    Phooey. I went to Walmart today based on your post, and they are nowhere near ready for the gardening season Home Depot had more stuff out, but neither had what I really wanted, large packets of seed.

misskitty, if I don't get peas, potatoes, and radishes in the ground early, they burn out before they mature. I usually plant them by St Patrick's Day. We had an unusually mild February last year, and I could have probably been harvesting peas by St Paddy's.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2772014;
    misskitty, if I don't get peas, potatoes, and radishes in the ground early, they burn out before they mature. I usually plant them by St Patrick's Day. We had an unusually mild February last year, and I could have probably been harvesting peas by St Paddy's.
    Meowza! I remember you had lots of things coming up early while our snow was melting. Peas. I loves peas!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

My Tomato Growers seed catalog came today!!!!

We are going to try to plant cilantro once again. It's sort of a pain because they have to be separate or they choke each other out at the roots.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2773417;
    My Tomato Growers seed catalog came today!!!!
    I love getting all the seed and plant catalogs in the mail this time of year. It means planting time isn't that far off....
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2773419;
    We are going to try to plant cilantro once again. It's sort of a pain because they have to be separate or they choke each other out at the roots.
    I actually find this kind of odd. I am one lousy gardener, but cilantro is one thing I've never had trouble with (well, except in a large pot - it died there, along with the basil, rosemary and chives). I planted it one year, and forthwith it reseeded itself every year. I love stuff like that, and wish my tomatoes, habaneros and kale would do the same thing.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

We planted a bunch of seeds in a large pot and they grew, but before we had a chance to pull the leaves, they died off. I wasn't paying much attention to them, that's mr. buglover's job...lol
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread