+ Reply to Thread
Page 199 of 202 FirstFirst ... 99149189190191192193194195196197198199200201202 LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2015
Like Tree1169Likes

Thread: Gardening

FORT Fanatic

Re: Gardening

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Thank you Declan! I had the butternut squash this weekend. Not as much taste as I would have liked, but just fine for having fallen off the vine in late August long before it was ripe.
    Blue Hubbard and Butternut Squash generally keep for a long time off the vine. I don't think butternut has a particularly noticeable flavor even under the best of circumstances. I used to grow them but would get far more than I would eat so they disappeared from my planting routine.

I saw daffodil leaves poking up yesterday and this morning I saw the first robins of the year...time to start planning the garden!
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I saw daffodil leaves poking up yesterday and this morning I saw the first robins of the year...time to start planning the garden!
    My daffodils are coming up.
    woodiedog and Stargazer161 like this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

And we’re awaiting 12” of snow topped with ice.
    Brooks likes this.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Resized_20180203_164344.jpg

Yep going to be starting some seeds indoors tomorrow. I have a high fail rate with that for some reason so I will keep plenty to direct sow just in case
    waywyrd, Brooks, Gutmutter and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    And we’re awaiting 12” of snow topped with ice.
    Where is the NOT like button! Sorry that winter is still in full force Gutmutter.

FORT Fanatic

Seedlings exploded today
    Resized_20180215_174816(0).jpg
    Brooks, Cornholio and Stargazer161 like this.

My yard is a mess. My garden is a mess. I've been so busy with work and my kids (seriously, they're all old, it was supposed to be better by now!) that I have zero time to devote to the garden. I feel like I'm going to get a letter from the homeowner's association any day now. BUT I planted some hollyhock seeds by the driveway last year, because I remember my grandmother had hollyhocks and they were big and beautiful, so I thought it would be a good idea up against a tall fence (because they're tall, right? Maybe I was just short way back then.) Anyway, last year they didn't bloom of course. And they looked pretty pitiful. I was pretty resigned to them dying at some point. But we had some freezing temps and I cleaned up any dead leaves and just let them be. Now we've had some steady rains the last few weeks and those suckers are HUGE. I'm excited! Now I just have to be diligent about watering them if it doesn't rain. That'll be the hard part I've heard that hollyhocks will spread and oh boy I hope so. They are in a little spot that's perfect for spreading. They won't get very far, but if they fill up all that available space it'll be a garden blessing.
    Arielflies likes this.

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

Now that was good storytelling - yay! From very sad to memories to very happy! I hope they continue to bloom for you.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Here in Dallas...the white cherry blossom trees have started to bloom! Spring is near! Love this time of the year! I need to start buying plants, asap!
    navybelle likes this.
    “Where there is love there is life.”
    ― Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread