+ Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3383123124125126127128129130131132133134 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1340
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: Gardening

Re: Gardening

A friend of mine from way back who has seen hard times has an awesome garden. She loves to share, so yesterday I went over and she dug up loads of plants for me. I went home and put time in where I'm expanding my garden and then took her out to eat at a new restaurant (good!) in town. Very excited about the new plants.
    Cootie and inthegarden like this.
    Count your blessings!

The deer decided to snack on my garden last night. They bypassed the tender bean blooms, which they usually eat, and chose the rough cucumber leaves. They must be needing some hairy roughage. Last year, they bit the ends off of the okra pods.

Collect your pee and sprinkle it around the perimeter. Or if you have boys, encourage them to apply directly.
    Punkin and inthegarden like this.
    Count your blessings!

I thought it had to be coyote pee? LOL But it's probably harder to get.

What plants are looking good in your gardens? My coneflowers are looking great and the butterflies are loving them!

FORT Fogey

I have had luck with blood meal as a deterrent for rabbits and deer. I sprinkle it around plants that need protecting every week or two. It has the added benefit of being a great fertilizer!
    inthegarden likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Collect your pee and sprinkle it around the perimeter. Or if you have boys, encourage them to apply directly.
    Is it just me, or is there something extremely funny about the comment "Collect your pee"?
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Oh my, Gutmutter. I'm laughing!!! I should have stood out in the garden when I read your post!

Punkin We have coyote's but they don't come close to the garden. I won't fuss at my dogs when they get too close with their shots.

AcookerTV I'll get some blood meal and try that. Thanks!

awesomekina23 I love coneflowers. Things are starting to bloom, coneflower, beebalm, yarrow and butterfly bush. The daylilies have buds and will bloom soon. Due to the weather, everything is later than usual.

There is a product called Liquid Fence which works extremely well. It has to be reapplied every 2 weeks or so.
    Cootie and inthegarden like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

How is everyone's garden?
    We've had a lot of rain this year with the exception of one hot dry spell. In the vegetable garden, I've been picking, canning and freezing. The fruit trees were hit by a late frost, not much fruit. The deer ate my spring raspberries , I'm hoping for fall berries. I did get to pick and eat my blueberries. The flower gardens have been hit and miss.

+ Reply to Thread