+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3080120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1354
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: Gardening

Re: Gardening

Thanks Gutmutter. I have an area where I would like to have the sound of water. I like the mobility and solar power.

Now that I have my screen house up, I go there after school with tea or a drink and decompress while I listen to the birds and the fountain. My cats love it. If you don't live in an area with black flies, you may not know the special hell that is May in areas that do. It's nice to have a place to go "outside" without being eaten alive.
    Punkin and beerbelly like this.
    Count your blessings!

Flies bite???!

https://www.google.com/search?q=blac...w=1555&bih=748
    Oh yeah. If want to garden now, I have to cover every inch and wear lots of bug spray. There's also the option of bug nets on hats which are not an uncommon sight here. I know people who have entire suits made of bug netting. I grew up in Ohio which is so very pleasant in May (my birthday month). When I was home a couple of weeks ago we spent a lot of time outside in the hammock or having happy hour on the lawn. You can't do that here unless you have a screen house/tent.
    Count your blessings!

Wow! I never heard of biting flies! Nasty bite pics! I had to Wiki that! (My birthday is in May, too, Gut! Are you Gemini?) Our West Coast flies just buzz around and annoy. Unless you're a cat. To cats they are elusive prey.

When we had cattle, the flies were vicious bitter's. We kept the cattle medicated, sprayed and cattle rubs up for flies and it helped but still, every now and then you got bitten.
    We get sweat bees in the summer month's. They are attracted to sweat and around here, if you are outside working you are going to sweat. If you accidently slap or crush one they will sting. Ouch! Such a tiny bug with a mean sting.

I'm planting my annual seeds today, Zinnas, sunflowers , bachelor button's, morning glory's, hummingbird vine and moon flower's.
    Punkin, waywyrd and beerbelly like this.

I got some pots of plants today and plan to do some heavy duty gardening over the weekend. Rain tomorrow. I like to garden in rain.
    I am a Gemini, Punkin.
    Count your blessings!

Yea! Geminis rule! I'm on the 23rd. My bestest friend is 31st. We are going on vacation together next week. I have two Gemini sisters. What could be better!?

The local garden club has their plant sale today. You have to get there early to get the good stuff but it's raining, so maybe I'll be in luck.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    ...Rain tomorrow. I like to garden in rain.
    I like to weed in the rain...makes it easier, and cooler. My neighbors used to look at me like I was nuts.

My Indigo Rose tomato is loaded up with the prettiest little tomatoes - blackish-purple on top, fading down to green. I keep asking it to hurry up and ripen one or two so I can taste them! The Roma plant is loaded up, and my Cherokee Purple is growing like mad but hasn't set any fruit yet. Hmm.

This afternoon I'm pulling out all the spent broccoli plants (the chickens love them) and putting in bell peppers, cucumbers, crookneck squash and zucchini. Somewhere I've got to find space for a couple of butternut squash vines, too...
    inthegarden likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

+ Reply to Thread